[Ccpg] Brock Dolman Permaculture Teacher Lectures and Intro to Permaculture Class April 10, 11, 12, 13 Santa Barbara City College

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Apr 8 08:03:45 PDT 2008

Basins of Relations: Thinking like a Watershed Lecture Thurs April 10, 7pm

Water is our most important resource yet we face issues of water
shortage and run-off pollution, two problems that can become one
solution. Join permaculture designer and watershed expert Brock Dolman
to investigate how changing our thinking and our design to slow, spread,
and sink water on our property we can use less potable water, decrease
flooding, improve water quality, stream structure and function, increase
groundwater recharge, enhance wildlife habitat, provide short term and
long term economic benefits and improve local aesthetics. This class is
essential and useful for anyone who drinks or uses water.
Thursday, April 10, SBCC, BC Forum - 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Location
Fe Bland Auditorium, Business Communication Forum (BC Forum) Santa
Barbara City College, West Campus 721 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara, CA

Introduction to Permaculture Lecture  Friday April 11, 7pm  and Two
Day Workshop Sat ,Sun Apr. 12,13

Permaculture seeks to meet basic human needs while regenerating and
sustaining natural systems. It is a belief and design system rooted
firmly in applied ecology, proven sustainable practice, and protracted
observation of living systems that holds great promise as a solution to
our environmental crises. Our environmental and social challenges can be
overwhelming. Permaculture provides us with the tools to make our
lifestyle, living space, and community part of the solution while
maintaining a high quality of life.  Permaculture Designer, Brock
Dolman, will provide a broad stroke introductory lecture of the ideas
followed by a more in depth weekend class that will present the basic
history, ethics and principles that guide permaculture design. We will
discuss applications of permaculture with lectures, group exercises,
field tour and group design exercise. Topics will range from water
catchment, polycultural food production, alternative energy, passive
solar, natural building, site design, and more. You can attend either or
both the lecture and weekend course.
Friday, April 11, Lecture, SBCC, BC Forum - 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Location
Fe Bland Auditorium, Business Communication Forum (BC Forum) Santa
Barbara City College, West Campus 721 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara, CA

Intro Workshop to Permaculture
Saturday, April 12, Weekend Intro Class, SBCC, EBS 309  - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday, April 13, Weekend Intro Class, SBCC,   EBS-309 - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Santa Barbara City College City College East Campus   Earth Sciences Building

Brock Dolman
Brock Dolman is a biologist, innovative design consultant, and
nationally recognized permaculture educator, having co-instructed 28
two-week permaculture design certificate (PDC's) courses. He is a
co-founder of both the Sowing Circle LLC intentional community and the
widely acclaimed Occidental Arts and Ecology Center (OAEC).www.oaec.org

He has extensive experience in irrigation, uplands and riparian
watershed management, natural building, wildlife biology, native plant
botany, organic agriculture, perennial polyculture, sustainable
forestry, seed saving, wildlands biodiversity preservation, school
garden teacher training and school garden installation, alternative
energy systems, consensus community and participatory social organizing
methodologies. He is founder of OAEC's Basins of Relations four-day
residential watershed training, which has resulted in the formation of
27 community-based watershed groups in Northern and Central California.
He is on the appointed board of the Sonoma County Fish and Wildlife
Commission.

Check Santa Barbara Adult Education Class Schedule http://ce.sbcc.edu
for Spring 2008 page 32 for details

Co sponsored by Santa Barbara City College Center for Sustainability
www.sustainability.sbcc.edu and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
www.sbpermaculture.org