[Ccpg] Permaculture Design Course: 08.02 - 08.15.08 Acton, CA

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu May 1 22:15:33 PDT 2008

ARS TERRA: PERMACULTURE DESIGN COURSE (2-week intensive)  Acton, CA
Saturday, August 2 - Friday, August 15, 2008

Learn to transform cities the way nature designs ecosystems

Using the positive, solutions-oriented holistic design science of
permaculture, we can redesign our urban environment to integrate
harmoniously with nature, learning to observe and solve problems the
way She does. This 2-week intensive permaculture design course will
take place at Animal Acres in Acton, CA. Saturday, August 2 - Friday,
August 15, 2008. This complete permaculture design certification
course focuses on creative, pro-active strategies for all environments.

Who should attend: People who are looking for positive, effective
factory farming, mega-cities, etc. Anyone interested in learning
about Whole Living; the path of living in complete harmony with our
environment and all living creatures.

Topics covered will include: Permaculture ethics and principles,
pattern language, soils, ecological systems, water catchment and use,
climate and microclimate, food production and security, constructed
wetlands, renewable energy, bioregionalism, alternative currencies,
biofuels, eco-villages, natural building and much, much more...

Hands-on experience, site visits and field trips.

Instructors: Graham Burnett: designer, director of Spiralseed in
London, England.
Scott Horton: designer, eco-artist and editor of Permaculture
Activist magazine.
William Faith: designer and co-founder of Ars Terra.

Guest Instructors: C. Darren Butler: ecological designer and others
to be announced

About our location: We are very pleased to be holding this course at
Animal Acres, the Los Angeles farmed animal sanctuary and
compassionate living center directed by Farm Sanctuary co-founder
Lorri Bauston. Animal Acres is located in Acton, CA., a 45-minute
drive from central Los Angeles.

Course Fee: $700. including all course materials and vegan meals
during the course.

On-site camping available for an additional $100. per registrant

For more information, please go to:

<http://www.arsterra.org/news.html>http://www.arsterra.org/news.html

CONTACT: info at arsterra.org or call (661) 273-9448 to register.

--