[Ccpg] Common Vision Fruit Tree Tour Wins Emmy Award !!!

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Thu May 15 12:46:44 PDT 2008

Common Vision Fruit Tree Tour Wins Emmy Award !!!

KRCB's Natural Heroes WINS TWO Emmy®s!
The award is the 2007- 2008 Northern California
Area EMMY® Awards for Outstanding Achievement for
producing Natural Heroes in the categories for
Education/Schools and Children/Youth.
Stories are Common Vision
<http://www.krcb.org/television/natural_heroes.htm#fruit>Fruit
Tree Tour and
<http://www.krcb.org/television/natural_heroes.htm#school>School in the Woods

Common Vision was on the red carpet at the
Northern California Emmy Awards, May 10th 2008 at
the Palace of fine Arts in San Francisco,
CA.  The Fruit Tree Tour episode of Natural
Heroes, a national television series of
independent films on the environment, was
nominated for an Emmy in the category of
children/youth-program special. I know. We
couldn't believe it either.  Our celebration
exploded when the envelope opened and the winner
was. Fruit Tree Tour! See for yourself what the academy is talking about!
Watch a 6-minute trailer for the DVD "Planting the Vision" below.
http://www.commonvision.org/harvestrhythm/harvestrhythm.php?id=6740798932974661482

Fruit Tree Tour Wins Emmy Award !!!12 May 2008 11:01 AM
www.commonvision.org/   |

Good thing I was at a party when I found out the Fruit Tree Tour
episode of the show Natural Heroes, had won an
emmy, because it was time to celebrate! The
award-winning show was based on our DVD Planting
the Vision. The special episode aired on PBS
across the nation. This award is a huge tribute
to programs like Natural Heroes and the featured
groups that are working for positive change. We
hope many more people will see the show and be
inspired to plant a tree in their community!

This spring Common Vision is running its fifth
annual Fruit Tree Tour­a 20-city, 70-day tour
planting over 1000 fruit trees at urban schools
and community centers from Los Angeles to
Sacramento. Traveling in veggie oil-powered
caravan, 25-earth educators from Common Vision
will teach students about earth stewardship,
cooperation, and positivity through a day-long
program that includes green theatre, drumming,
dancing, storytelling, and earth-conscious hip-hop.

Natural Heroes - Public Television series
featuring independently produced films from all
over the country. A new 13 episode series in development by ...
www.greentreks.org/naturalheroes/index.asp - 20k

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
    an educational non-profit since 2000
(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in
new directions, in order to grow." - Anonymous