[Ccpg] FRI Sept 19 / Sustainable World Radio Interview with Heather Flores author of Food Not Lawns

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Tue Sep 16 08:52:31 PDT 2008

Friday, Sept 19,  9-10am Sustainable World Radio
on KCSB 91.9 FM PST and streaming live on
www.kcsb.org. Also found on  www.sustainableworldradio.com, later in the month

Join Jill Cloutier of Sustainable World Radio for
an interview  with permaculture teacher and
author Heather Flores of Food Not Lawns How to
Turn Your Yard into a Garden and Your
Neighborhood into a Community
www.foodnotlawns.com. Heather holds a BA degree
in ecology, education, and the arts from Goddard College.
Gardening can be a political act. Creativity,
fulfillment, connection, revolution—it all begins
when we get our hands in the dirt.
-
Food Not Lawns combines practical wisdom on
ecological design and community-building with a
fresh, green perspective on an age-old subject.
Activist and urban gardener Heather Flores shares
her nine-step permaculture design to help
farmsteaders and city dwellers alike build
fertile soil, promote biodiversity, and increase
natural habitat in their own “paradise gardens.”

But Food Not Lawns doesn’t begin and end in the
seed bed. This joyful permaculture lifestyle
manual inspires readers to apply the principles
of the paradise garden—simplicity,
resourcefulness, creativity, mindfulness, and
community—to all aspects of life. Plant “guerilla
gardens” in barren intersections and medians;
organize community meals; start a street theater
troupe or host a local art swap; free your
kitchen from refrigeration and enjoy truly fresh,
nourishing foods from your own plot of land; work
with children to create garden play spaces.

Flores cares passionately about the damaged state
of our environment and the ills of our throwaway
society. In Food Not Lawns, she shows us how to
reclaim the earth one garden at a time.

UPCOMING SLIDESHOW & BOOKSIGNING WITH HEATHER FLORES OCT 8 6:30-8:30 p.m.,

Oct 8  Wednesday 6:30-8:30 p.m Slideshow &
Booksigning Goleta Valley Community Center.
5679 Hollister Ave # 1, Goleta, CA 93117 (near Santa Barbara)
For more info http://sustainability.sbcc.edu
Cosponsors by Fairview Gardens, MailScanner has
detected a possible fraud attempt from
"www.fairviewgardens.org" claiming to be www.
fairviewgardens MailScanner has detected a
possible fraud attempt from
"www.fairviewgardens.org" claiming to be .org/
The  Santa Barbara City College Center for Sustainability
Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
www.sbpermaculture.org and Santa  Barbara Adult Education Program

- Release Date: 9/16/2008 8:15 AM

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
    an educational non-profit since 2000
(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in
new directions, in order to grow." - Anonymous

First Annual Southern California Permaculture Convergence August 2008
http://socalifornia.permacultureconvergence.org