[Ccpg] Come join me at GOOD FOOD, a new film (with potluck & discussion) on Transition California

bob banner events at transitioncalifornia.ning.com
Thu Nov 6 16:29:42 PST 2008

Transition California:
bob banner has invited you to the event 'GOOD FOOD, a new film (with potluck & discussion)' on Transition California!
--------------------

Updated info about the GOOD FOOD film. We will have a potluck at 5:30pm, film at 7pm and a brief discussion of the Transition Initiative movement by Jim Cole afterwards.

Time: November 25, 2008 from 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Location: San Luis Obispo County (Library)
Organized By: bob banner:

Event Description:
Potluck, FiLM and Discussion:
GOOD FOOD

Something remarkable is happening in the fields and orchards of the Pacific Northwest.

Small family farmers are making a comeback. They're growing much healthier food, and lots more food per acre, while using less energy and water than factory farms.

“Large numbers of people are turning their backs on the unhealthful products of industrial agriculture and finding a whole new relation-ship with the food they eat and the land that surrounds them.” — William Arnold, Seattle Post-Intelligencer

“This film blew me away in its sense of the incredible creativity and energetic thrust to create a sustainable future in the northwest. From farmers and gardeners to restaurants to food banks to consumers to processors to cattle and dairy ranchers... Every aspect of sustainable farming is included in this film. We all know the answers and the solutions to our ills. This film puts it all together for other cities and states and regions to follow suit!” - Bob Banner, HopeDance

TRAILER

More details: http://www.goodfoodthemovie.org/

5:30 potluck: Please bring dishes that are made primarily of locally produced foods.
Drinks, plates and utensils will be available.

7pm for the FiLM at the SLO Public Library on the corner of Osos and Palm.

Jim Cole, a member of the Transition SLO Steering Group will speak about the new Transition Initiative movement that has been wildly successful in the UK and abroad and is here taking the US by storm. To learn about Transition, please enter HERE.

369-0203; Suggested donation of $5.

presented by HopeDance FiLMs

See more details and RSVP on Transition California:
http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/events/event/show?id=2379767%3AEvent%3A2223&xgi=irhoUxd

If your email program doesn't recognize the web address above as an active link,
please copy and paste it into your web browser
--------------------

About Transition California
BUY LOCAL! EAT LOCAL! GROW YOUR OWN! LOCAL ENERGY! LIVING LOCAL ECONOMIES! TRANSITIONING FROM OIL DEPENDENCE TO LOCAL RESILIENCE!

148 members
15 photos
9 videos
47 discussions
19 events

To control which emails you receive on the corner, or to opt-out, go to:
http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/?xgo=/tOxTc995HXbH0fDRE6TRUT8cvWHo54xIo3SA9QvFU4