[Ccpg] Fwd: THE GARDEN screening in Los Angeles at the Red Nation Film Festival (GL 1+2)

Bob Banner info at hopedance.org
Sun Nov 9 17:47:04 PST 2008

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Scott Kennedy <stressbox at mindspring.com>
> Date: November 9, 2008 5:34:34 PM PST
> To: Scott Hamilton Kennedy <stressbox at mindspring. com>
> Subject: THE GARDEN screening in Los Angeles at the Red Nation Film
> Festival (GL 1+2)
>

> BEST DOCUMENTARY, AFI SILVERDOCS FILM FESTIVAL
>
> BEST DOCUMENTARY, CAMDEN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
>

> "We award this film for its tenacity in storytelling in the face of
>
> injustice, and the filmmaker's singular vision in bringing a gripping,
>
> dramatic, and important story to the public eye. THE GARDEN has raw
> emotion,
>
> visceral energy, and nail-biting twists and turns. It unravels a
> complex and
>
> layered tale of the destruction of America's largest urban farm that
> must not be forgotten."
>
> The Silverdocs Sterling US Feature Jury
>
> Winner, Best Documentary
>

> "An excellent documentary…its lessons about the levers of power and
> politics,
>
> about rebels becoming the establishment and how easy it is to get co-
> opted,
>
> are relevant everywhere. A potent human drama, THE GARDEN is a case
> study in how
>
> hardball politics is played and why it is so difficult to take on
> the system."
>
> Kenneth Turan
>
> The Los Angeles Times
>

> The Garden
>
> A Film by Scott Hamilton Kennedy
>
> Screening at The Red Nation Film Festival
>
>   Friday November 14, 2008,  9pm
> Aranti Japan America Theater
> 244 S. San Pedro
> Los Angeles, CA 90012
>
> *Q/A with filmmaker and guests following screening*
> Tickets are $12 and are available at the Box office and
> online.                FREE admission for all students (under 25
> years of age) with valid I.D.  And, to make the festival affordable
> for all: after this first 200 paying customers, others will be
> allowed in on a 'pay what you can' suggested donation.
> for more info :
> www.rednationfilmfestival.com
> 818-904-9256
>

> View the trailer (and join our website):
>  www.thegardenmovie.com/trailer
>

> THE GARDEN
>
> This award-winning documentary chronicles the complex and emotional
> story of the destruction of Los Angeles' South Central Farm. Created
> from the ashes of the L.A. riots in 1992, the South Central Farm was
> the largest urban farm in the United States until its destruction in
> 2006. "The Garden" follows the farmers as they organize and launch
> an impassioned public battle to save the farm. The film documents
> the farmers' struggle against the city's backroom deals, and exposes
> the underlying issues of money, power, poverty and racial discord.
> The film explores the fault lines in American society, raising
> crucial and challenging questions about liberty, equality, and
> [...]

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director
HopeDance
Radical Solutions Inspiring Hope
2975 Vineyard Dr.
Templeton, CA 93465

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web
info at hopedance.org
http://www.hopedance.org
805.369-0203

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.