[Ccpg] Working Soledad Street's Bio-Swale (and video)

Bob Banner info at hopedance.org
Mon Nov 10 13:16:54 PST 2008

>  From The Santa Barbara Independent: Working Soledad Street's Bio-
> Swale
>

> Working Soledad Street's Bio-Swale
>
> Youth CineMedia's Latest Work Involves Improving Sycamore Creek
> Tuesday, October 28, 2008
> By Darren Carreño
>

> As I look back at the work that I did with the City of Santa Barbara
> Creeks Division, I never thought that I would be writing about my
> experience. My name is Darren Carreño, I'm 16 years old, and I
> documented the work me and my peers did last summer, at the end of
> Soledad Street on Santa Barbara's Eastside.
>
> At Sycamore Creek, we created a bio-swale. Basically it's designed
> to naturally filter water runoff after big storms. While working at
> the jobsite, I was introduced to the Youth CineMedia Program, and it
> seemed really interesting. I joined the program and we started
> trying to come up with a way to educate people about the creeks and
> water quality.
>
> Read more at:      http://www.independent.com/news/2008/oct/28/working-soledad-streets-bio-swell/
>
> --------
> Bill attached this additional message:
>
> Great social change film project!
> --------
>
> The Santa Barbara Independent

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director
HopeDance
Radical Solutions Inspiring Hope
2975 Vineyard Dr.
Templeton, CA 93465

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web
info at hopedance.org
http://www.hopedance.org
805.369-0203

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.