[Ccpg] Cob Workshop Nov 15 & 16 Los Angeles

Bob Banner info at hopedance.org
Wed Nov 12 10:21:45 PST 2008

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Kristina Mata <L.A at earthlink.net>
> Date: November 11, 2008 8:59:55 PM PST
> To: undisclosed-recipients:;
> Subject: [cityrepairla] Cob Workshop Nov 15 & 16 Los Angeles
> >

> Unique Urban Cob Building 101
>
> Intermediate Cob Plastering Workshop
>

> November 15th-16th Saturday and Sunday 9 am - 4 pm
>
> All levels of experiance will find something of value.
>

> Learn to sculpt your own raised garden beds using clay, straw and
> sand. Cob is a technique for building structures that won't rot,
> can't burn down and bugs won't eat it. Earth is one of the oldest
> building materials on the planet and still the most common. This
> workshop is led by Ray Cirino creative sustainable artist, inventor,
> builder and permaculture practitioner who has designed hybrid
> stoves, street furniture and houses. Intermediate students learn the
> finer art of plastering ( possibly mosaic using broken pottery if
> there is sufficent interest ) and how to finish and seal our work
> using linseed oil and other natural protectants.
>

> $60 fee. For more info contact  Tina Mata <L.A at earthlink.net>
>

> RAISED BEDS MADE OF RAMMED EARTH:
> About cob . It is a technique for building structures using clay,
> straw and sand. It won't rot, can't burn down and bugs won't eat it.
> Earth is one of the oldest building materials on the planet and
> still the most common.
>
> Currently, cob is enjoying a revival of interest where many have led
> the way in researching and teaching this healthy, easy to learn,
> environmentally sustainable technology.
>
> Sculpt your own raised veggie beds using your hands and inexpensive
> non-toxic natural materials. No power tools or previous building
> experience required. You will find a cool late winter workshop the
> perfect time to engage sculpting with Cob.  We intend to make
> tremendous organized progress in this practical and condensed 2 day
> workshop.
>
> Cob workshops are for gaining experience, and we have lots to share.
> Newbie’s are encouraged to ask questions during work party's
> progress.
>
> Rammed Earth A technique where we form the cob beds using perforated
> metal.
>
> Raised beds out of Cob ? ! ?  Has this been done before ?
>
> Tried cob beds that incorporate Permaculture philosophy of landscape
> design, ecological concepts, common sense, and other ways of living
> more in tune with the resources of the earth.
>
> Our innovative trials have withstood 3 years of weathering and we
> are now ready to share our findings with you.
>
> Ray Cirino is a natural and patient teacher who inspires  us all
> with his extensive knowledge, skill, experience and esthetic. A
> creative sustainable artist, inventor, builder and permaculture
> practitioner who has designed hybrid stoves, street furniture and
> houses for over a decade.  Balancing function and beauty, Ray has
> something new and innovative for us once again!
>
> What is included?

> [...]

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director
HopeDance
Radical Solutions Inspiring Hope
2975 Vineyard Dr.
Templeton, CA 93465

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web
info at hopedance.org
http://www.hopedance.org
805.369-0203

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.