[Ccpg] Film & Discussion: “The World According to Monsanto” in SLO Dec 10th

Bob Banner info at hopedance.org
Fri Nov 28 11:10:20 PST 2008

http://www.hopedance.org/cms/component/option,com_events/task,view_detail/agid,304/year,2008/month,12/day,10/Itemid,77/

Film & Discussion:

“The World According to Monsanto”

Wednesday, Dec 10, 7pm FiLM at SLO Public Library (Osos and Palm);
Panel TBA

Cosponsored by SLO GE-Free, Incredible Edibles and HopeDance FiLMs

International — A new movie has dealt yet another severe blow to the
credibility of US based Monsanto, one of the biggest chemical
companies in the world and the provider of the seed technology for 90
percent of the world’s genetically engineered (GE) crops.

The French documentary, called “The World According to Monsanto” and
directed by independent filmmaker Marie-Monique Robin, paints a grim
picture of a company with a long track record of environmental crimes
and health scandals.

On March 11, 2008 a new documentary was aired on French television
(ARTE – French-German cultural tv channel) by French journalist and
film maker Marie-Monique Robin, The World According to Monsanto. The
gigantic biotech corporation Monsanto is threatening to destroy the
agricultural biodiversity which has served mankind for thousands of
years. A documentary that Americans won’t ever see.  UNTIL NOW... the
US version has finally hit the US market and we are screening it in
SLO!!!

See the trailer at
http://www.videosift.com/video/The-World-According-to-Monsanto-Documentary-Trailer

Wednesday, Dec 10, 7pm FiLM at SLO Public Library (Osos and Palm)

Suggested donation of $5
Call 369-0203 for details or email info at hopedance.org

Cosponsored by SLO GE-Free, Incredible Edibles and HopeDance FiLMs

A Lively Discussion will be happening with lots of solutions!!!
__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director
HopeDance
Radical Solutions Inspiring Hope
2975 Vineyard Dr.
Templeton, CA 93465

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web: info at hopedance.org / http://www.hopedance.org /
805.369-0203
Transition Towns PORTAL: http://www.hopedance.org/cms/content/view/535/1
Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.