[Ccpg] FiLM & Speaking Engagement: “Consume This Movie” along with Cecile Andrews in Templeton, Dec 29. / flyer

Bob Banner info at hopedance.org
Fri Dec 12 07:26:41 PST 2008

Sorry for any duplicates. If you received this more than once (or even
twice) you are one of the coolest people on this planet. PLEASE FORWARD.

HopeDance FiLMs presents

FiLM & Speaking Engagement

Monday, December 29, 7pm at Dancing Deer

2975 Vineyard Dr., Templeton (or click HERE)

“Consume This Movie” along with Cecile Andrews,

author of “Slow Is Beautiful” & “The Circle of Simplicity”

  Are Americans too materialistic? Are we willfully trashing the
planetary ecology in order to serve the desires and drives of the ego?
And what, or who could be driving this powerful force of seduction?
Consume This Movie takes a critical look at social injustice, peak
oil, resource depletion and our deep need to feel connected to each
other through what we choose to consume. This 80 minute documentary
also examines the frenzied pace of fast-lane materialism that is
beginning to burn us out. We Americans are just now beginning to yearn
for a simpler life, but is it too late? Have we set in motion a
runaway train that threatens to undermine the ecological, social and
spiritual cornerstones that make the pursuit of happiness possible in
the first place? Walk, don’t drive to see this powerful documentary
film, while supplies last!

Woven into this exploration are interviews with Dr. Peter Whybrow,
American Mania, Juliet B. Schor, The Overspent American, simplicity
guru’s Cecile Andrews and Duane Elgin, photographic artist Chris
Jordan, advertising expert James. B. Twitchell and Post Carbon
Institutes Julian Darley among others.

The discussion after the film will be about Solutions: Transition
Towns as well as the Phinney EcoVillage Neighborhood. Cecile is the
founder of the Phinney Ecovillage, a project to build Sustainability
and Community in her North Seattle Neighborhood. For information, go
to www.phinneyecovillage.net.

She has been a visiting scholar at Stanford University where she
received her doctorate in education, and an affiliated scholar with
Seattle University. A former community college administrator, she now
works with community groups to explore the issue of living more
simply: how to live lives that are sustainable, just, and joyful.

She is director of The Simplicity Circles Project with Seeds of
Simplicity and a member of the steering committee of The Simplicity
Forum. For Transition folks, she is at http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/profile/CecileAndrews
. Her website is http://www.cecileandrews.com.

She lives in Seattle Washington with her husband, former technology
writer and blogger Paul Andrews.

View the Trailer at

http://www.consumethismovie.com/files/preview.html

HopeDance FiLMs presents

www.hopedance.org / 369-0203

BYOB / Wine with desserts plus a $5 Donation.

PLEASE BUS, BIKE OR CARPOOL to HopeDance events!!!
Trailer and Directions are at
http://www.hopedance.org/cms/component/option,com_events/task,view_detail/agid,311/year,2008/month,12/day,29/Itemid,77/

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director
HopeDance
Radical Solutions Inspiring Hope
2975 Vineyard Dr.
Templeton, CA 93465

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web: info at hopedance.org / http://www.hopedance.org /
805.369-0203
Transition Towns PORTAL: http://www.hopedance.org/cms/content/view/535/1
Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.