[Ccpg] A NEW magazine on the central coast about GOOD FOOD? / Please comment.

Bob Banner info at hopedance.org
Sat Dec 27 01:36:53 PST 2008

Hello local central coast food people. I have an idea.

This is a teaser. A rough draft. This is to give you an imaginary
sneak preview of what COULD happen.
This is NOT going to be an “EDIBLE CENTRAL COAST” where we spend
oodles of money.
This will be a grassroots effort to strengthen the sustainable food
industry on the central coast.
If you wish to participate in some way, in any way, please let me know
soon. I would LOVE to come out with a
16 page sneak preview of GOOD FOOD this March / April, 2009 but I need
your input.

More titles? More writers? More advertisers? More resources? Let us
begin!
Please see the attached possible front cover for the new issue (below).

GOOD FOOD
Promoting Sustainable Farming, Urban Gardening & Healthy Eating on the
Central Coast

— Sample of Possible Titles, Writers, Resources & Advertisers —

SANTA BARBARA, VENTURA & SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTIES

Food Forests on the Central Coast  •  Replacing our lawns with gardens
Neighborhood CSAs are here in Santa Barbara and SLO  •  What is a
locavore?
Why the infighting with raw foodists, vegetarians, omnivores, and
carnivores?
Will there be any peace among our eaters where food is supposed to
unite us?
Whats the scoop on chickens in your urban yard?
Menus, recipes, columns, organic vs local, trends, book reviews, film
reviews, workshops, conferences
Does your farmer’s market tell you the truth when you ask the farmers
if they spray?
What about trusting yourself as to what foods you need?
How to make money while growing food? Examples and stories....
What about raw dairy and who is doing what? PLUS much more....

Cathe Olson, Anasthasia Killiam, Larry Santoyo, Debra Garrison, Eric
Michielssen, Liana Forest,
Hunter Francis, Michael Ableman, Wendell Berry, Cory Brennan, Patricia
Dines, Melanie Blankenship, Bill Spencer,
Tom Neuhaus, Ryan Rich and mucho more...

New Frontiers, Natural Cafe, Nature's Touch, Nature's Harvest, CCAN,
Central Coast Grown, Big Sky, CSAs, Joebella’s Cafe, Sojourners, Lazy
Acres,
House of Bread, Natural Food Coop, Island Seed & Feed, Isla Vista Food
Coop, Linnaeas Cafe, Cafe Vio, Local pesticide-free Farms,
Caterers who deal with at least 50% local and seasonal produce,
Lavender Farm,
Clark Valley Organic Farm, Huasna CSA, Cal Poly CSA, American
Flatbread Pizza, Pizza Fusion,
Eco Fast Foods, SLOW Food chapters, Food Not Lawn chapters, Four
Elements Organic Farm,
Mesa Exchange and mucho more...

This is a teaser. A rough draft. This is to give you an imaginary
sneak preview of what COULD happen.
This is NOT going to be an “EDIBLE CENTRAL COAST” where we spend
oodles of money.
This will be a grassroots effort to strengthen the sustainable food
industry on the central coast.
If you wish to participate in some way, in any way, please let me know
soon. I would LOVE to come out with a
16 page sneak preview of GOOD FOOD this March / April, 2009 but I need
your input.

More titles? More writers? More advertisers? More resources? Let us
begin!

Thanks,

Bob Banner
Publisher of HopeDance Media
805-369-0203 / info at hopedance.org

PLEASE FORWARD TO FARMERS, GARDENERS, and ORGS THAT HELP WITH
SUSTAINABLE FARMING / GARDENING / EATING.

Bob Banner
Catalyst
2975 Vineyard Dr.
Templeton, CA 93465