[Ccpg] Bill Plotkin's Esalen workshop / Seduced by Earth: Deep Imagination, Soulcraft™, and the Dreaming of Nature (Feb 15-20)

Bob Banner info at hopedance.org
Fri Jan 23 07:53:41 PST 2009

Begin forwarded message:

> From: mike graef <altnrg at kcbx.net>
> Subject: Bill Plotkin's Esalen workshop info
>
> Week of February 15-20, 2009
>
> Seduced by Earth: Deep Imagination, Soulcraft™, and the Dreaming of
> Nature
>
> Bill Plotkin & Geneen Haugen
>
> What if Earth is trying to seduce us for her own purposes? What if
> Earth is dreaming through us, through our own deepest imaginings and
> allurements? What if the wild child that became the "human potential
> movement" was seeded by Esalen's cliffs, ocean tides, hot springs,
> whales, and great trees as much as by the daring, creative humans
> drawn to this land? What if the wild blossom of your own most soul-
> rooted life could be pollinated by the exuberant land? As Rilke
> writes: "Earth, isn't this what you want from us?"
>
> Some places on Earth seem to summon our deepest emotion, expanded
> imagination, and greatest sense of possibility—both for our
> individual lives and for the community of all species. By entering
> the landscape, we enter its imagination, its atmosphere, its story.
> We are each an expression of the dreaming of Earth.
>
> "At Esalen," the leaders write, "we'll explore what its wild sea,
> forest, canyons, curious gardens and creatures (human and other)
> evoke in us, how they animate our day- and night-dreams. Practices
> we'll use include soul-oriented dreamwork, deep-imagery journeys,
> council, poetry, trance drumming, and dancing. We'll encourage solo
> wanderings on the land with Soulcraft tasks designed to feed the
> mystery of our lives. We will live the question: If Earth is
> romancing us for her own purposes—very much the way the nectar lust
> of bees serves the desires of flowers—what wild child, what honey,
> will we create from this joining?"
>

> CEUs available for MFTs and LCSWs.
>
> Reservations Information (Accommodations & Pricing) ESALEN
>
>   Recommended Reading
>
> The following books are recommended by the workshop facilitator(s).
> Through association with Amazon.com Esalen is able to offer the
> title for sale.
>
> If you would like to buy a book or just find out more about the book
> just click on its title. Your browser will then open a new window
> and take you to the book listing at Amazon.com. Here you will be
> able to read more about the book, find out about similar titles and
> purchase the book. The Esalen website will remain in the back for
> you to return to once you are finished with your purchase.
>  Soulcraft by Bill Plotkin

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director
HopeDance
Radical Solutions Inspiring Hope
2975 Vineyard Dr.
Templeton, CA 93465

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web: info at hopedance.org / http://www.hopedance.org /
805.369-0203
Transition Towns PORTAL: http://www.hopedance.org/cms/content/view/535/1
Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.