[Ccpg] Have you seen this barn?

Jess Sieber jess at wyp.org
Fri Feb 13 13:59:44 PST 2009

  Have you seen this barn?

     Wilderness Youth Project is seeking space for occasional use by our
nature-based mentoring programs. Today we operate our programs out of our
vans, and from time to time we would love a place to go to get warm and dry
while continuing to work on our skills and crafts. As kids get older we
offer more focused projects, such as:  harvesting reeds and making baskets;
making our own fire-by-friction kit; leather work; hand-made beads; and many
more.  Some of these projects can't be completed in a single, three-hour
program, and a site that we can leave materials at and return to for two or
three programs will offer a sense of continuity for our participants that we
currently don't have.

  We wish to find:

   - A barn on (at least) one acre of land within 20 minutes of Goleta/Santa
   Barbara
   - Permission to visit the barn with 12-36 youth
   - A place to store our works in progress

  We offer:

   - A great group of young people learning and growing with their mentors
   - Service Projects
   - Leaving a place better than we find it
   - Open to discussion of how we might make this a mutually beneficial
   arrangement

 Contact:

Michelle Howard 964-8096

or