[Ccpg] Bring Your Samba Shoes!/SB Permaculture Network Film Showing/FEB 20, 7:30pm

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Fri Feb 20 07:46:11 PST 2009

Come join the infectious world of Brazilian Carnaval,
         we have left room in the aisles for those who can't refrain
from dancing...

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network co-sponsors with Soul
Brasil  magazine the kick off event for 3 days of the 6th Annual
Santa Barbara Brazilian Carnaval event. (go to
www.sbbraziliancarnaval.com for complete schedule).
Join us tonight for "The Miracle of Candeal" an award winning film by
Fernando Trueba featuring Grammy award winning  musician &
percussionist Carlinhos Brown, who returns to his favela in Bahia
Brazil, to transform it through the power of music. A celebration of
music & social change.
Before the film a short clip of OPA (Organization of Permaculture &
Art), also located in Bahia Brazil, and near Candeal, will be shown
with their street art, Eco-Surfista program and more.  Santa Barbara
Permaculture Network visited OPA while in Brazil for the 8th
International Permaculture Convergence.
Friday, February 20, 7:30  2009, Donation $5
Santa Barbara Central Library, Faulkner Gallery, 40 E. Anapamu Street
no reservations needed.

For more info, www.sbpermaculture.org
or
   www.elmilagrodecandeal.com

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
    an educational non-profit since 2000
(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in
order to grow." - Anonymous

First Annual Southern California Permaculture Convergence August 2008
http://socalifornia.permacultureconvergence.org