[Ccpg] HRH Prince Charles with Ali Sharif at PAL's IPA center in Brazil Mar 13 2009

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Sun Mar 15 22:00:18 PDT 2009

Sending this photo of HRH Prince Charles on a site tour with PAL's
founder and International Program Coordinator, Ali Sharif, at our IPA
center in Northern Brazil. We weren't allowed to speak of the visit
before-hand due to security issues, but now...

Daylife, Getty Images by AFP/Getty Images:
<http://www.daylife.com/photo/0dQ66ilfZq4Qq#>http://www.daylife.com/photo/0dQ66ilfZq4Qq#

HRH Prince Charles is very interested in helping the people in the
Amazon and after hearing about our work at IPA, he had secretly
arranged the site visit under heavy security conditions. HRH penned a
brilliant press release only last year, addressing our responsibility
to support the small agricultural organic farmers in the third world
countries, as well as the toxic and destructive practices of the
Green Revolution (now being called the Alliance for a Green
Revolution). At the far right, nearest the cow, is Carlos Miller, an
amazing permaculturist who had previously been IPA's director.

HRH Prince Charles' interview on the GM (genetically modified)
subject:<http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/3349308/Prince-Charles-warns-GM-crops-risk-causing-the-biggest-ever-environmental-disaster.html>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/3349308/Prince-Charles-warns-GM-crops-risk-causing-the-biggest-ever-environmental-disaster.html

PAL's website: <http://www.permacultura.org/>www.permacultura.org
(outdated, but we are designing a completely new site)

Therese Williams
Administrative Director
PAL-Permacultura America Latina
723 Allendale Street