[Ccpg] Tree Planting Work Party this weekend at Quail Springs, better format

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Tue Mar 17 18:44:37 PDT 2009

Tree Planting Work Party at Quail Springs

(sending again in plain text, better format I hope)

Saturday to Sunday, March 21-22, 2009

You’re invited to join us and contributors to Trees for Children (www.treesforchildren.org) in establishing and developing tree systems at Quail Springs. This will be a joyous weekend of tending the earth and community by preparing the ground and planting trees. A tour of the farm will be offered to interested volunteers. All ages and abilities are welcome, and experience is not required. Camping with your own gear and Potluck shared meals. This event is free of cost, although contributions to Trees for Children are welcomed.

Things to bring:  food for potluck and for yourself in a cooler (see #5 below), camping gear (tent and warm bedding), sunhat and cozy hat, layers of clothing for cold nights and warm to cool days, including some you don’t mind getting dirty, light raincoat, sturdy comfortable shoes, water bottle, work gloves if you have them, shovel(s) if you have any to share for the weekend, musical instrument, stories and songs ☺

Contact Kolmi to RSVP info at quailsprings.org or 805-886-7239

Please share below info in RSVP!  And then I’ll send you directions/gate combination, carpool options, potluck suggestions if we need to balance the menu ☺  Quail Springs is a 2 hour drive from Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, 2-3 hours from LA, 1 hour from Ojai.

1) Your full name and number of people in your party

2) What town you’re coming from

3) Carpool:  Do you need a ride or can you give a ride?

4) Your phone number: Cell and Home

5) Meals/Potluck:  Please let me know what you intend to bring for potluck (Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner, Sunday breakfast, Sunday lunch).  That will help me figure out what to ask the late RSVPers to bring to balance the menu ☺  It is fine to just bring food for yourself for breakfasts/lunches if you prefer – but you may wish you were potlucking once you see what’s out!  Saturday dinner is the big celebration meal.  Ideas for potluck are vege or fruit salad, side dish, soup, main course, desert, snacks, drinks – most potluck items should serve about 8-12 people.  Please minimize packaging and focus on organic, locally grown foods as much as possible.

Kolmi Majumdar
Programs Manager

Quail Springs Learning Oasis & Permaculture Farm
www.quailsprings.org
info at quailsprings.org
(805)886-7239