[Ccpg] Photos: Gavin Newsom - SF Mayor and Governor Candidate

bob banner info at hopedance.org
Sun Mar 22 06:59:21 PDT 2009

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Robert Bernstein <alist at swt.org>
> Date: March 21, 2009 12:42:11 AM PDT
> To: santa-barbara at hopedance.net,santabarbarasocialjustice at yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [sb-forum] Photos: Gavin Newsom - SF Mayor and Governor
> Candidate
>
> Hi to Local Activists
>
> This evening San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom came to the Veterans
> Building from 6-8:30PM and talked and answered questions. He is
> running for Governor of California.
>
> Here http://swt.org/act/gavinnewsom-2009-03/ are my photos.
>
> His three main issues for discussion were Health Care, Education and
> Energy/Environment. What was impressive was how he challenged the
> crowd to ask tough questions about how he plans to achieve universal
> health care, universal pre-K through 16 education and sustainable
> energy and transportation that really works.
>
> He pointed out that people have talked about these issues for
> decades, but no one ever follows through in a meaningful way. He
> talked about how San Francisco already provides universal health
> care for all its residents and how he has done it without increasing
> the budget.
>
> He took questions for over an hour and then stayed for people to
> talk to him one on one after that.
>
> Best wishes,
> Robert
>
> Robert Bernstein
> www.swt.org/robert
> alist at swt.org

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director
HopeDance
Radical Solutions Inspiring Hope  •  2975 Vineyard Dr.  •  Templeton,
CA 93465  •   805.369-0203

edible SLO: Celebrating Local Food, Farmers and Healthy Food in SLO
County
2975 Vineyard Dr.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.369-0203

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web: info at hopedance.org / http://www.hopedance.org /
805.369-0203
Transition Towns PORTAL: http://www.hopedance.org/cms/content/view/535/1
Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/
HopeDance at Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.