[Ccpg] Huge Event The Green Mar Vista Garden Tour Sunday

Ray Cirino cobanation at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 20 08:47:50 PDT 2009

Dear Friends,

I extend an invitation to all of you to come join
us this coming Sunday afternoon to partake in the Mar Vista Green
Gardens Showcase! The Neighborhood Garden Tour technically begins at
2:00pm on Sunday April 26th, but our house will be open to visitors all
day and evening long! Undoubtedly we will finish the day with a cookout
and have fresh vegetables and fish/chicken and wine! We can always use
some help feeding the masses so let's turn this into a potluck! Feel
free to bring extra veggies or meats, wines and beers!
Afterwards
it is likely there will be a jam session as we have one person for
saxophone, one for keyboards, another person for flutes and
didgeridoo's, three guitarists, and one bassist! We need someone to
bring bongo's over!

This first link contains information on
what the full garden tour is about, and lists all the addresses that
are part of the community event. http://marvistagreengardenshowcase.blogspot.com/

This
second link showcases our address and gives a little information about
what permaculture is and what types of projects are going on at our
property.. http://marvistagreengardenshowcase.blogspot.com/2009/03/3983-east-blvd.html

At
the East House we encourage people to learn about sustainability and
the concepts surrounding the conservation of and maximizing the use of
all available resources within any given property or larger community
as a whole!

On our property we have workshops where people can
participate in building things like solar showers, water catchment
systems, composting systems and toilets, and many other fascinating
home improvement devices using recycled and salvaged material! We
invite volunteers to directly participate in the action!

For
those of you on Facebook this third link should take you to one of my
photo albums and will give you the best view of our property out of any
of the other links.. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=19810&id=1068657619

This fourth link shows us having one of our cookouts! http://caltek.net/igm/pa/photo?photo_id=614294

It
would be great if each of you can be a part of this event. If you're
one who likes to be out in the sunshine in a lush oasis of trees and
edible plants and who also likes to be amongst creative, artistic, and
positive people then there is no better place to come spend your Sunday
afternoon!

I hope to see you all here!