[Ccpg] Upcoming Garden Club Events in SBarbara

bob banner info at hopedance.org
Mon May 4 12:51:56 PDT 2009

Begin forwarded message:

> From: lbsaltzman at aol.com
> Date: May 4, 2009 10:18:27 AM PDT
> Subject: [sbfoodfuture] Upcoming Garden Club Events
>
> The garden club working with other organizations continues to play
> its part in building a resiliant and sustainable Santa Barbara by
> teaching gardening skills.
>
> UPCOMING FREE EVENTS – YOU’RE INVITED!
>
> May 16th 9:00 AM until 12:00 Noon
> Work Party/Workshop at Alpha Resource Center, We will be sheet
> mulching and planting vegetables. Sheet mulching is an extremely
> valuable technique for weed suppression, water retention, and
> restoring fertility to depleted soils. We are building what we hope
> will become a demonstration food forest and edible landscape.
> Overtime this site will provide food for Alpha's clients as well as
> a place of beauty where they and the staff of Alpha can connect with
> nature.  Donations of plants, are greatly appreciated.  We can use
> any edible plant, companion plants for the fruit trees, as well as
> plants for the sensory garden that will part of the final design.
>
> Alpha Resource Center provides support services for developmental
> disabled adults.
> Alpha is located at 4501 Cathedral Oaks Rd Santa Barbara, CA 93110.
>
> For the MAP to Alpha Resource Center - CLICK HERE
> Saturday June 13th 10AM – 12:00 PM
> Jan Joy-An will present a talk on gardening with essential oils.
> Learn how to use these oils for stopping garden pests. She will also
> discuss companion plantings and health remedies. The event will be
> held at Pilgrim Terrace Community Gardens and the Garden Club will
> be joined by gardeners at the community gardens. The talk will be
> followed by a pot luck luncheon starting at noon.
>
> For the MAP to the Pilgrim Terrace Community Gardens - CLICK HERE
> There are two entrances to Pilgrim Terrace, use the one by the
> Garden, Modoc/opposite Portesuello.
> June 20th 10 AM – 12:00 PM
> Joint meeting With California Rare Fruit Growers
> Talk on Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Worms by Dr.
> Michael Thompson,
> an expert on vermiculture (worm composting). Dr. Thompson will have
> his new book on worm composting for sale that day
> WHERE: Alpha Resource Center, 4501 Cathedral Oaks Rd. (Entrance from
> Calle Del Remedio), Santa Barbara, Ca 93110 (805) 683-2145.  At noon
> we will have a potluck luncheon with members of the California Rare
> Fru it Growers joining us.
>
> Call for information: Larry 805 451-4168, Aura- 805-386-3123 or
> Jennifer- 805 886 8465.
>
> For the MAP to the Alpha Resource Center - CLICK HERE
>
> July 18th
> Visit to Rincon-Vitova Insectiary
> Learn about beneficial insects and how to create habitat for them.
> Rincon-Vitova is located in Ventura County and offers biological
> solutions for pest problems. We will learn about the many beneficial
> insects they sell and their other programs for organic pest control.
> Details will be posted later.

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director

HopeDance
Radical Solutions Inspiring Hope  •  2975 Vineyard Dr.  •  Templeton,
CA 93465  •   805.369-0203
HopeDance at Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance

edible SLO: Celebrating Local Food, Farmers and Healthy Food in SLO
County
2975 Vineyard Dr.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.369-0203
http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/ediblesanluisobispo
http://www.ediblesanluisobispo.com

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web: info at hopedance.org / http://www.hopedance.org /
805.369-0203
TRANSITION:
Transition Initiative PORTAL: http://www.hopedance.org/cms/content/view/535/1
Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.