[Ccpg] Ecotherapy Healing with Nature In Mind Edited by Linda Buzzell and Craig Chalquist Foreword by David W. Orr is now available!

bob banner info at hopedance.org
Wed May 13 08:36:13 PDT 2009

Begin forwarded message:

> From: lbsaltzman at aol.com
> Date: May 13, 2009 8:18:40 AM PDT
> To: sbogc at yahoogroups.com, sbperm2006 at googlegroups.com, sbfoodfuture at googlegroups.com
> Cc: transition-sb at googlegroups.com
> Subject: [sbfoodfuture] Ecotherapy New Book
>
> I am pleased to announce that Linda Buzzell's new book Ecotherapy:
> Healing With Nature In Mind is now available.  We encourage everyone
> to try to buy it from our local bookstore Chaucer's in SBarbara
> [Novel Experience in SLO... and other local bookstores in the
> state...], but it is also available at www.Amazon.com and directly
> from Sierra Club Books at the following link. https://secure2.convio.net/sierra/site/Ecommerce?store_id=1621&PAGENUM=2
> .
>
> Ecotherapy
> Healing with Nature In Mind
> Edited by Linda Buzzell and Craig Chalquist
> Foreword by David W. Orr
> Paperback
> ISBN: 978-1-57805-161-8
> 312 pages
>

> In 1995, Sierra Club Books published Ecopsychology: Restoring the
> Earth, Healing the Mind, the influential anthology edited by
> Theodore Roszak, Mary Gomes, and Allen Kanner that brought together
> psychologists and ecologists to define a new discipline and a new
> vision of planetary and personal health. Since then, more the more
> people have come to psychotherapy with concerns and fears about
> humankind’s damaged relationship with the web of life we depend on—
> and therapists are asking: Where can I find out more about the
> psycheworld connection? How can I do hands-on work in this area?
> This new volume=2 0is the eagerly awaited response.
>
> Ecotherapy, or applied ecopsychology, encompasses a broad range of
> nature-based methods of psychological healing, grounded in the
> crucial fact that people are inseparable from the rest of nature and
> nurtured by healthy interaction with the Earth. Leaders in the
> field, including Theodore Roszak, Robert Greenway, and Mary Watkins,
> contribute essays that take into account the latest scientific
> understandings and the deepest indigenous wisdom. Other key
> thinkers, from Bill McKibben to Richard Louv to Joanna Macy, explore
> the links between ecotherapy, spiritual development, and restoring
> community.
>
> As mental-health professionals find themselves challenged to provide
> hard evidence that their practices actually work, and as costs for
> traditional modes of psychotherapy rise rapidly out of sight, this
> book offers practitioners and interested lay readers alike a
> spectrum of safe, effective alternative approaches backed by a
> growing body of research.
>
> Linda Buzzell, founder of the International Association for
> Ecotherapy, is a psychotherapist and career counselor in private
> practice; she lives in Santa Barbara, California. Craig Chalquist
> teaches psychology and related fields at John F. Kennedy University
> [...]

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director

HopeDance
Radical Solutions Inspiring Hope  •  2975 Vineyard Dr.  •  Templeton,
CA 93465  •   805.369-0203
http://www.hopedance.org/cms
HopeDance at Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance

edible SLO: Celebrating Local Food, Farmers and Healthy Food in SLO
County
2975 Vineyard Dr.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.369-0203
http://www.ediblesanluisobispo.com
http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/ediblesanluisobispo

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web: info at hopedance.org / http://www.hopedance.org /
805.369-0203
TRANSITION:
Transition Initiative PORTAL: http://www.hopedance.org/cms/content/view/535/1
Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.