[Ccpg] IPC9 AFRICA 2009 ONLINE REGISTRATION - GO! (International Permaculture Conference& Convergence) Cc:

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Sat Jun 20 07:25:17 PDT 2009

  Dear all
Registration for all 9th International Permaculture Conference and
Convergence (IPC9) events is now live on the conference website
<http://www.ipc9.org/>www.ipc9.org. The IPC9 events are:
1. The 9th International Permaculture Design Course (IPDC9a). Harare,
Zimbabwe;18 to 29 October 2009
2. The 9th International Permaculture Convergence (IPC9b). Lilongwe,
Malawi; 2 to 5 November 2009
3. The 9th International Permaculture Conference (IPC9c). Lilongwe,
Malawi; 6 November 2009
4. The 9th International Permaculture Site Tour (IPC9d). Malawi,
Zimbabwe and South Africa; 7 to 30 November 2009. (You can choose to
participate in segments of the trip).

We kindly request all prospective participants to pre-register on
line even if you are not yet ready to pay the fees. You can click on
the link below to get to the conference home page and to get started.
The pre-registration tab is at the top of the page.

<http://www.ipcon.org/>http://www.ipcon.org/

We look forward to welcoming many of you in full moon and full sun to
the warm heart of Africa in the fall (We will be at the end of our
spring here south of the equator).

Please feel free to forward this message to your networks. For any
enquiries please write to us at
<mailto:ipc9malawi at ymail.com>ipc9malawi at ymail.com

Best regards

Mugove Walter Nyika
IPC9 Coordinator

The Regional Schools and Colleges Permaculture (ReSCOPE) Programme
P.O. Box 32280
Chichiri
Blantyre 3
Malawi
Tel: +2651 831 373
Fax: +2651 831 363
Mobile: +2659 788 373
Email: rescope at sdnp.org.mw or
<http://uk.mc262.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=zipscope@yahoo.co.uk>zipscope at yahoo.co.uk
<http://www.rescopeprogramme.org/>www.rescopeprogramme.org,
<http://www.ipc9.org/>www.ipc9.org

Traditionally IPC's take place every two years and switch between
continents.  Past host sites have been in Australia, USA, New
Zealand, Scandinavia, Nepal, Croatia, Brazil, and will be held on the
African continent for the first time in 2009.  IPC9 is organized by a
collaboration of African permaculturists, coordinated by ReSCOPE
Programme in Malawi.

	 Permaculture has a long history in Africa with well know
centers in Kenya, Zimbabwe, Malawi, South Africa and others.  For the
first time the International Permaculture Conference (IPC9) will be
held on the African continent in 2009.  Plan Africa - Food &
Empowerment, is the theme for the Conference. A major goal of IPC9 is
to establish the structure to bring permaculture training and
knowledge to all countries of Africa.  IPC9 will bring government and
world press attention to grassroots permaculture work by showcasing
the sites and projects already underway.   African organizers are
committed to bringing participants from every  economic sector and
region  to attend.