[Ccpg] Teachers Wellness Retreat at The Ojai Foundation August 21-23, 2009

Rachel Dawson pathofservice at ojaifoundation.org
Fri Jul 10 17:46:46 PDT 2009

Teachers Wellness Retreat
at The Ojai Foundation

August 21-23, 2009
Friday 5 pm- Sunday 5 pm

Step out of time for a moment to celebrate the beauty of your service.
Connect with other compassionate, innovative leaders in your field for a
weekend of rejuvenation and empowerment, designed specifically to meet the
unique needs of teachers.

As a participant, you will engage in experiences that will support you in
bringing mindfulness, presence and perspective into your daily life as well
as methods for implementing these practices into the classroom. You will
have the opportunity to express your strengths and creativity while gaining
insight into your challenges in a sacred, supportive environment.

The Ojai Foundation’s beautiful, rustic educational center occupies 40 acres
along a ridge of semi-wilderness at the foot of the Los Padres Mountains in
Upper Ojai. Meditation gardens, native habitats, permaculture principles and
the Beauty Way are demonstrated throughout the Land, along with rustic yurts
and domes, shared facilities and close kindredship with the natural world.

Intentional Activities will include:
·        Way of Council
·        Restorative and Revitalizing Yoga Practices
·        Medicine Wheel Teaching
·        Mindful Awareness Practice
·        Creative Expression
·        Dialogue & Storytelling
·        Visioning

*    Mindfulness:  Witnessing (Brain) *   Presence: Being  (Heart)
*   Perspective: Choosing (Consciousness)

All levels of experience are welcome.

About the Facilitators:
Abby Wills is a graduate of Pacific Oaks College where she studied
developmental   education and social change theory. For over a decade, Abby
has worked to enhance well being in schools through yoga and mindfulness
programs. She has led professional development workshops for teachers across
the nation and has trained yoga teachers internationally. Abby is currently
on faculty at The Walther School and New Roads        Middle School.

Rachel Dawson is The Ojai Foundation’s Land Steward and Volunteer
Coordinator. For eight years, she worked with TreePeople in Los Angeles
where she supported teacher and parent led tree planting projects on school
campuses. She is a graduate of Larry Santoyo’s L.A. Urban Permaculture
Design Course and Ariel Spilsbury’s 13 Moon Priestess Ordination.  She
continues to deepen her relationship with spirit through her advanced work
in the Third Road faerie tradition.

The mission of The Ojai Foundation is to strengthen individuals, families,
schools and communities by teaching ways to listen and speak from the heart,
to honor life's passages and to deepen our connection with nature—supporting
the emergence of a compassionate, sustainable and peaceful world.

Please call 213-926-3810 to register.
$425 for the weekend
$100 deposit holds your space
Space is limited, please register by August 9th
Inquire about partial scholarships

www.abbywills.com
www.ojaifoundation.org

--
"If there is any positive side to stark changes coming our way, it may be in
the benefits of close communal relations, of having to really work

Years from now, when we hear singing at all, we will hear ourselves, and we
will sing with our whole hearts."

"The Long Emergency", 2005, by James Howard Kunstler, Grove/Atlantic, Inc.,
publisher.