[Ccpg] Van Jones resigns from White House

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Sun Sep 6 08:57:53 PDT 2009

Dear friends,

As a friend and supporter of Van Jones and progressive government, hearing
of his resignation from the White House - I am sad today, again, at the
state of our country, and yet so inspired by Van Jones' courage, and happy
and proud that he is part of our movement for healing the planet and human
communities.  Below is what I found of his resignation statement, and a few
links that help get to the story.

~  Kolmi Majumdar

kolmi at quailsprings.org

>From Van Jones' resignation statement:

I am resigning my post at the Council on Environmental Quality, effective
today.  On the eve of historic fights for health care and clean energy,
opponents of reform have mounted a vicious smear campaign against me. They
are using lies and distortions to distract and divide.  I have been
inundated with calls - from across the political spectrum - urging me to
"stay and fight." But I came here to fight for others, not for myself. I
cannot in good conscience ask my colleagues to expend precious time and
energy defending or explaining my past. We need all hands on deck, fighting
for the future. It has been a great honor to serve my country and my
President in this capacity. I thank everyone who has offered support and
encouragement. I am proud to have been able to make a contribution to the
clean energy future. I will continue to do so, in the months and years
ahead.

Van Jones Resigns (at Think Progress.org)

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/09/06/van-jones-resigns/

Van Jones.net

http://www.vanjones.net/

NAACP Supports Van Jones