[Ccpg] Co-op Permaculture Design Training - Oct 10-21 - Sierra Foothills

Paul - Sierra Permaculture Guild paul at sierrapermaculture.org
Mon Sep 14 22:08:06 PDT 2009

   Greetings,

   I am new to this list but not the area. I have been working on this
eco-retreat property near the Bridgeport Yuba State Park for the last 10
years. We have come a long way in developing our land, and it is with great
excitement that I am inviting the local community to join us this fall for a
ground breaking new course I will be co-facilitating. For those of you who
have not taken a permaculture course, there is no better time than now to
prepare your self with some real life skills to connect to your earth while
cooperating with your fellow humans. The best part is the people you will
meet at the course. Some of my best friends were in my first PDC. If you
can't swing the full 12 day course we are starting with a 2 day intro that
might be just your speed. Let me know if you are interested, have questions
or just go ahead, sign up and I will see you there!

   http://www.sierrapdc.com

    Looking Forward,

   -Shawn

   Woodshanti Cooperative
   www.woodshanti.com
    415-822-8100 office
   415-407-8236 cell

*
   Co-op Permaculture Design Training
   Saturday, October 10th - Wednesday, October 21st*

   This cooperative permaculture design certification training weaves
together the creativity and energy of the participants and trainers in a 12
day exploration of how to design our world to work for all life.

   In the awesome presence of fall Sierra serenity we will share our
collective insights, wisdom and experience about how to create sustainable,
self-reliant communities, low maintenance foodscapes, healthy homes made
from the earth, greywater systems, alternative economic systems and all the
many other hallmark techniques of permaculture design.

 *  Innovative Cooperative Model*

   This course is designed within an innovative cooperative framework which
allows us to:
   Share in the work, quickly build community, and learn in a hands-on
environment
   Invest in this special site and leave behind artifacts memorializing our
time together and what we have learned.
   Reduce Costs! A PDC of this nature typically costs $1475. By sharing the
work and its fruits, we can offer the 12-day course for as low as $700. As
the number of participants crosses certain thresholds, the economy of scale
will reduce everyone's course fee further, so tell your friends! Click here
to see our innovative pricing structure.

The practical sustainable living and cooperative working skills built during
course are set in the context of the ethics and principles of permaculture
design – the principles of natural systems.

  * Full 12-Day Permaculture Design Course
*
   Completion of the 12 day training does result in the internationally
standardized Permaculture Design Certificate.

  * Introductory Weekend Permaculture Course
*
   The first two days of this course, October 10 and 11 will be offered as a
stand-alone `Introduction to Permaculture course' for those with weekend
availability only.
   The training is appropriate for beginners just learning of permaculture
for the first time and experienced designers looking to apply what they have
learned before on an inchoate site, for job seekers looking to invent the
new economy and for those interested in the intersection of spirit, yoga and
sustainable living.

   *An Abbreviated List of Course Topics:*

   - Ethics, Principles and Methods of Permaculture Design
   - Translating Patterns into Designs
   - Watershed Stewardship
   - Soil Fertility
   - Food Forests and Perennial Vegetables
   - Diversified Renewable Energy Strategies
   - Community Economic Systems
   - Natural Building

   *TOGETHER WE ARE A COMMUNITY OF ABUNDANCE !
*
For complete details, please visit our website at http://www.sierrapdc.com

--
Sierra Permaculture Design