[Ccpg] Adult Educ Winter Session Classes/Home Scale Permaculture & Laundry to Landscape Greywater Workshop

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Dec 9 06:41:35 PST 2009

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network & the SBCC Center for Sustainability
are happy to have co-sponsored 3 classes for the upcoming
  SBCC Adult Education Winter Session.

Please see class descriptions below, or catalog online at:
http://www.sbcc.edu/adulted/files/winter_2010_final%20for%20web.pdf
Winter Sessions catalogs are now available at the Schott and Wake
Centers, and also at Santa Barbara City College.

These classes will be very popular, make sure you sign up early!
First day to register online is December 11, 2009.

(Page 32 in the Winter Session Catalog)

ENVIRONMENT,
HEALTH ED
  ENVIRONMENTAL WORKSHOPS

Home-Scale Permaculture:
Evening Talk - An Introduction to
Permaculture Design with David
White, PhD

Permaculture seeks to meet basic human
needs while regenerating and sustaining natural
systems. It is a design system rooted fi rmly in
applied ecology, proven sustainable practices,
and protracted observation of living systems
that holds great promise as a solution to our
environmental crises. Permaculture provides us
with the tools to make our lifestyle, living space,
and community part of the solution while maintaining
a high quality of life. David White will
discuss what makes permaculture design unique,
and his 20 years of bringing permaculture into
classrooms, curriculum, and his community
of Ojai, CA.  Limit 100
Co-sponsor: Santa Barbara Permaculture
Network; Presented by: SBCC Center for
Sustainability
Tuition: $12
6:30pm - 9:30pm
Feb 26 / SBCC, Rm Fe Bland Forum, SBCC West Campus

Home-Scale Permaculture:
Transforming a Residential Lot
with the Design Techniques of
Permaculture with David White, PhD

Learn about permaculture while transforming
your yard into a beautiful and productive
landscape that mimics nature and provides
you and your family with an edible landscape.
Permaculture design techniques of Zones,
Guilds, Stacking Functions, Mulching,
Rainwater Harvesting and more will be
discussed. A morning in the classroom, then
afternoon at the SBCC Lifescape Gardens,
practicing valuable techniques to take home.
Limit 50.
Presented by the SBCC Center for Sustainability
Co-sponsor: Santa Barbara Permaculture Network

Tuition: $20
Sat 10am - 3pm
Feb 27 / SBCC, Rm EBS-309 SBCC East Campus

Laundry to Landscape Greywater
Workshop, with Daniel Wilson

Laundry Greywater Systems have been
legalized under a general permit by the State
of California. Learn how the individual
homeowner can now make use of washing
machine water to keep lawns and gardens
green, and create an oasis around your home.
In this workshop we will demonstrate a simple
and effective Laundry Greywater System and
give you the tools to design one for your own
home. This class is also valuable for plumbers
and landscape professionals wanting to learn
more about recent changes in the greywater
codes. Essentials of Greywater Design will be
discussed. Limit 50.

Co-sponsor: Santa Barbara Permaculture
Network; Presented by: SBCC Center for
Sustainability
Tuition: $20
Sat 10am - 3pm
Mar 13 / SBCC, Rm EBS-309 East Campus

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
    an educational non-profit since 2000
(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
  www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in
order to grow." - Anonymous

First Annual Southern California Permaculture Convergence August 2008
  http://socalifornia.permacultureconvergence.org