[Ccpg] Show and Tell to Compliment Speaking Tour

jan spencer spencerj at efn.org
Tue Mar 2 23:04:35 PST 2010

A public presentation at Steynberg Gallery in SLO invites creative
participation.

Hi,

I am planning a presentation at the Steynberg Gallery in downtown SLO,
Friday, April 23 at 7 PM

Its about innovative approaches to living more safe, secure and green.
See the description below.
Friends Meeting House
Permaculture is a vital part of these approaches, so this is a call for
anyone in the area who has nice hard copy images of their projects, to
put them on a display board and bring them the evening of the
presentation for a show and tell.  Show others what you are doing, what
fun!  This would be during a half hour mix and mingle before the
presentation.

Also,

Anyone or group[s] that would like to organize a green bike tour around
SLO are invited to put a tour together so others can see in first person
what permaculture looks like.  We had nine green bike tours in Eugene
last summer, they are very popular and media loves it.  So, if a bike
tour can be put together, it can be promoted along with the
presentation.  Best date would be april 24, a saturday, so i could go.
More important, to channel enthusiasm after the presentation.  May be
even find a front yard to turn into a garden as a follow up work party.
Even better, find a driveway to rip and turn into a garden as a follow
up work party.

Please let me know if you would like to organize a tour or work party.
For foto displays, just bring it.  The presentation is free.

Here is a message to share with others about the presentation.  Thanks!  jan

Jan Spencer, from Eugene, Oregon, will be visiting San Luis Obispo,
Friday, April 23, as part of a speaking tour of California.
The location will be at the Steynberg Gallery, 1531 Monterrey St.,
downtown SLO.   Doors will open at 6 30.   No admission charge.

The presentation "Creating a Safer, More Secure and Greener Community,"
will focus on making our communities safer, more secure and green, all
at the same time.

The presentation will be free and open to the public and will touch on a
wide variety of topics and issues including economics, "power shift",
changes in urban land use, neighborhood approaches, communities of
faith, social cohesion and much more. The issues and strategies are timely.

Core elements of the presentation include making better use of existing
assets and opportunities closer to where we live, holistic approaches
for multiple benefits and calling forth positive human potential.
Permaculture - its design principles and its value as a powerful tool
for making more effective choices will also be explained.

Jan has been transforming his own 1/4 acre suburban property in Eugene
for ten years - grass to garden, driveway replaced with edible
landscaping, 6500 gallon capacity rain water storage, passive solar
redesign, food growing all over, site for many tours, workshops and
visits and much more.

He has also been on the board of his neighborhood association for ten
years, leading to a great appreciation by recognizing how neighborhood
associations are a powerful resource  for making our communities safer,
more secure and green.

Jan is making this tour to broaden the civic discussion about choices
available to individuals and communities, given the deepening global
trends relating to energy, the environment, economics, culture, peace,
global relations, climate change and more.  He will also have a DVD for
sale that includes many of the points and issues made in the live
presentation.  The DVD is also available on his website.

There will be a thirty minute mix and mingle before the presentation
where local groups and organizations will have an opportunity to set up
information and displays to show what they are doing for planet and
people and how people can become involved. If your group would like to
be involved in this way, please e mail spencerj at efn.org

For more information and many before and now fotos, see Jan's web site
www.suburbanpermaculture.org