[Ccpg] Farm & Garden Internships at Quail Springs

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Sat Mar 6 10:22:04 PST 2010

FARM & GARDEN INTERNSHIPS AT QUAIL SPRINGS 2010

Spring Session: April 5th - July 12th (3+ months)

Fall Session: August 16th - November 15th (3+ months)

Early application is advised!  As of early March, we have 3 out of 6 spaces
open.

Internship Overview: Hands-on service learning at Quail Springs' 450 acre

permaculture demonstration and education site in Southern California.

Activities include permaculture gardening, farming and earthworks, seed
saving,

plant propagation, livestock care, milking, cheese making, yogurt, etc.,
butchering

(not required), bread making, food preparation using fresh local
ingredients,

preserving the harvest, non-profit administration, general chores and
community

care. We also offer special segments covering a range of areas from natural
building

and watershed stewardship to carving, working with natural fibers,
beekeeping,

cooking in the earthen ovens, and more. The service learning time commitment
is for

25 hours per week. The intern coordinator works with interns to match your
area or

areas of interest with projects on the farm.

What we provide to interns: Hands-on skill building, mentoring, meaningful
work,

camping space (with your own gear), nourishing food, hundreds of acres of
beautiful

wilderness, swimming pond, reference library, a lively community atmosphere
of all

ages, and what many interns have deemed a treasured life-changing
experience.

What we are looking for in interns: A desire to learn and to be of service,

adaptability, mindfulness, desire to live & work in the outdoors, a sense of
humor, self-

care, ability to listen and to speak from the heart.

Support Quail Springs' Events or Take a Course:   Quail Springs hosts
enjoyable and

informative public and private events that interns have the option to
support. Interns

are also invited to join our educational courses at a 30% discount. Some
courses offer

partial work trade and scholarships as well.  For the full Quail Springs
programs

calendar, visit www.quailsprings.org.

Cost of internship: $500/month fee covers all meals, camping, facility use,
and staff

mentoring. A $250 non refundable deposit is required to secure your space.
We offer

a $300 discount if the full session is paid in advance.  Partial work trade:
These positions

are limited. Please inquire early!

Contact to learn more or apply for Farm & Garden Internship:
jan at quailsprings.org or

805-886-7239