[Ccpg] greetings from eugene, or

jan spencer spencerj at efn.org
Thu Jun 3 15:39:02 PDT 2010

hi central coast perma people

this is jan spencer in eugene

i traveled through your area in april on a speaking tour and certainly
made some new friends and shared/heard/saw some great ideas and projects

its a beautiful setting, i am glad to have made some contact

work has begun on a new dvd specifically about how suburbia can be a
core part of a cultural renaissance in our country*.  yes, there is some
potential  and  a good part of the dvd will explain why.

i know there are people on the central coast who are working on exactly
that whether they would frame it as a renaissance or not

there is a grass to garden squad in paso robles, monthly neighborhood
produce and seed swaps/socials in santa barbara, a big push for local
gardens in sonoma county a few weeks ago, fun work parties in santa cruz,,

just yesterday, i learned about a really impressive set of initiatives
in port townsend washington, wow!  that/they take the cake!  and there
are some great things happening in eugene, currently planning close to a
dozen green bike tours all over town this summer [2 in my neighborhood],
lots of other stuff, too,,

certainly, there are many other projects and initiatives many of us
don't even know about but we would be glad to cheer and learn from if we
knew

these kinds of projects are an important part of the dvd, [not to
mention the salvage of this country] i want to call attention to working
models on the ground

the request,  if you know of or are a part of any projects that are
actively helping to transform suburbia - gardens [front yard best],
fences down, suburban based economic alternatives, cooperative projects,
neighborhood friendly business, education, eco oriented emergency
preparedness, outreach to the mainstream,,,,,

projects that include a cooperation with the city, county, other
community organizations are great, too

fotos very welcome, full credit/contact info on the dvd, plus free dvd

all to reinvent/redfine/uplift culture and economy in people and planet
friendly ways

thanks much!

jan spencer

www.suburbanpermaculture.org

dvd global trends - local choices available on my website

and soon pay for view by way of common circle education

* caveats apply, not all suburbia is created equal,,,,,,,