[Ccpg] Fwd: s'Cool Gardens Position Opening

Margie Bushman, Coordinator SBCC Center for Sustainability sbpcnet at silcom.com
Thu Jun 10 16:51:14 PDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

Some great Garden Educator jobs you might be
interested in (see below & attached documents).  Please pass along to others-

Margie Bushman

>Greetings,
>
>The s'Cool Gardens Program sponsored by SBCC
>Center for Sustainability  and The Orfalea
>Foundations, is hiring Garden Educators to work
>in elementary schools in Santa Barbara county
>(specifically Lompoc, Guadalupe, Santa Barbara,
>Carpinteria). The job description and
>qualifications are attached.  Be sure to select
>the relevant district, north county or south
>county, as the information varies slightly.  To
>apply email a cover letter, resume, and two
>professional job references to Alexis Schoppe
>(north county) or Trish Stone-Damen (south county) at scoolgardens at gmail.com.
>
>Please forward to anyone who may be interested and qualified.
>
>s'Cool Gardens mission is to connect students to
>their food and their environment through school
>gardens.  Our team has installed or enhanced 16
>gardens in elementary schools across Santa
>Barbara county and are continuously integrating
>the gardens into the curriculum. s'Cool Gardens
>will continue to partner with new schools this next academic year.
>
>To learn more please visit our website
>www.scoolfood.org/initiative/gardens.cfm
>
>Trish Stone-Damen
>Coordinators’COOL GARDENS ... Cultivating the Future
>Santa Barbara City College ~
>Center for Sustainability
>In partnership with the Orfalea Foundations
>happyesq at gmail.com
>805.689-2163
>Please consider the environment before printing this email.

More Info:
The Center for Sustainability at Santa Barbara
City College has partnered with the Orfalea
Fund’s s’Cool Food Initiative to spearhead the s’Cool Gardens program.

Mission

To connect students to their food and their environment through school gardens.

Objectives

To develop gardens in public schools throughout Santa Barbara County.
To support educators in using these gardens to
enhance the learning experience of students
through the integration of the garden into their curriculum.
Throughout the 2009-2010 school year (Year 1),
the s'Cool Gardens program will install and
integrate gardens at the following 16 elementary schools:

>Carpinteria Unified School District
>Canalino
>Aliso
>Summerland
>Carpinteria Family
>Santa Barbara Unified School District
>Monroe
>Cleveland
>Adams
>Open Alternative School
>Franklin
>César Estrada Chávez Dual Language Immersion Charter
>Lompoc Unified School District
>La Honda
>Arthur Hapgood
>La Canada
>Los Berros
>Buena Vista
>Guadalupe School District
>Mary Buren

[]

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
    an educational non-profit since 2000
(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in
order to grow." - Anonymous