[Ccpg] STAND IN THE SAND - Sunday, June 27th - 1:00 p.m. @ West Beach

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Fri Jun 25 12:56:45 PDT 2010

Dear Fund for Santa Barbara Community,

As many of you know, Stand in the Sand: A Gathering for the Gulf is just a few days away! The Fund for Santa Barbara has been offering critical support to this effort since its inception and we are inviting YOU to join in!

WHAT: Stand In The Sand: A Gathering For The Gulf

WHEN: Sunday, June 27th – 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

WHERE: West Beach, Santa Barbara

WHO: All Of Us

As a community that experienced first-hand the environmental and economic devastation that followed our own Santa Barbara oil spill 40 years ago, we join together to STAND IN THE SAND Sunday, June 27th from 1-4pm at West Beach. This is an opportunity to express our sympathy for the human and environmental victims of the Gulf Coast disaster and offer our support and solidarity.

The event will include a special greeting with a Chumash blessing and observance by members of our local Chumash community, to be followed by a welcome from Santa Barbara Mayor Helene Schneider and other notable guest speakers. Local non-profits will be available to highlight their work around coastal protection and energy alternatives.

The critical mass will culminate at 3pm, where we will line up at water's edge to form a gigantic, yellow "Human Boom" to symbolically stem the rise of the incoming black tide now plaguing the entire Gulf Coast.

In this one symbolic action to STAND IN THE SAND, let's make it loud and clear to our Gulf Coast neighbors that we, the community of Santa Barbara, support them.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE:

SPREAD THE WORD!

*	Tell others, post it to your Facebook page, your Twitter account and forward this email on to your friends!

ATTEND THE EVENT!

*	Ride a bike, walk, bus or carpool to the event...help us conserve resources
*	WEAR YELLOW to participate in the Human Boom
*	BRING SIGNS to express yourself

DONATE:

In response to the BP oil spill disaster, the Fund for Santa Barbara has created the Stand in the Sand Recovery Fund. This fund will support humanitarian, ecological, and economic recovery in the Gulf Coast region, and will work with key grassroots partner organizations in the region to ensure prompt and strategic use of all funds raised. Donate online http://www.standinthesand.com/or send your check to the Fund for Santa Barbara at 26 West Anapamu Street, Santa Barbara, CA  93101.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET MORE INVOLVED WITH STAND IN THE SAND, WE NEED VOLUNTEERS:

*	SATURDAY, JUNE 26, 3PM - 128 Sola St. next to Alice Keck Park.  We will meet to form a mini 'Human Boom' to snake through Solstice park festivities to advertise and get people to the event.
*	SATURDAY, JUNE 26, 6PM - Chapala and Cabrillo on the beach- We will gather on the beach to do a 'dry run' and scope out the event site. Your attendance strongly ENCOURAGED.
*	SUNDAY, JUNE 27, 9AM - Stage building, decorations, and 'get set to go' time!  Show up on Sunday June 27

CONTACT / FOR MORE INFORMATION

 <mailto:standinthesand2010 at gmail.com> standinthesand2010 at gmail.com

http://www.standinthesand.com/

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=134149059931527 <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=134149059931527&ref=ts> &ref=ts

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stand-in-the-Sand/133997346612506?ref=ts

See you on the sand,

Geoff Green, Executive Director
THE FUND FOR SANTA BARBARA
Celebrating 30 Years of “Change, Not Charity”
26 West Anapamu Street, Santa Barbara, CA  93101
120 East Jones Street - Suite #127, Santa Maria, CA 93454
Phone: (805) 962-9164 / Fax: (805) 965-0217
Email: ggreen at fundforsantabarbara.org
Website: http://www.fundforsantabarbara.org <http://www.fundforsantabarbara.org/>
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FundforSantaBarbara

THE FUND FOR SANTA BARBARA is a nonprofit community foundation that supports organizations working for social, economic, environmental & political change in Santa Barbara County. This includes grassroots organizing against discrimination of all kinds, supporting the rights & dignity of working people, promoting community self-determination, organizing for peace and nonviolence, working to improve the quality of our environment, and building cross-issue/cross-constituency coalitions and alliances. THE FUND raises money through donations of all sizes in order to provide grants and technical assistance. Since its founding in 1980, THE FUND FOR SANTA BARBARA has awarded nearly $4 million to over 800 projects.