[Ccpg] Wed Sept 15: free "Practical Permaculture" class in Santa Barbara

bob banner bob.banner at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 11:44:32 PDT 2010

> On Wednesday, Sept 15 from 7 pm - 8:45 pm, one of Santa Barbara's
> most experienced permaculture teachers and designers, Loren
> Luyendyk, will present a free class, "Practical Permaculture: 5 Easy
> Ways to Introduce PC into your Home and Garden" at the South Coast
> Watershed Resource Center at Arroyo Burro/Hendry's Beach, 2981 Cliff
> Drive in Santa Barbara. This program is presented by the
> Permaculture Guild of Santa Barbara (www.permacultureguildsb.org)

> Loren, a Santa Barbara native, will give us advice on how to handle
> issues like water, food, shelter, energy and community -- for both
> novices and experienced gardeners and permaculturists. He has over
> 10 years experience in horticulture and sustainable design locally
> and internationally.  Graduating in New Zealand with a degree in
> Botany from the UCSB Education Abroad Program in 1996, Loren spent a
> short stint running a hydroponics greenhouse in Antarctica before
> returning to NZ to study Permaculture and Biodynamic Farming and
> Gardening.
>
> Upon returning to the US, he continued to study Permaculture and
> applied his knowledge to managing several small farms and starting a
> landscape design and installation business, Santa Barbara Organics (www.sborganics.com
> ), in 1999.
>
> He formed Surfers Without Borders (www.surferwithoutborders.org) in
> 2008 to promote sustainability, cultural integration, and
> environmental awareness amongst surfers and coastal communities in
> the developing world.  SWoBs focuses on creating sustainable supply
> chains for water, food, and energy in order to reduce negative
> impacts on the ocean.
>
> For more information, please contact...
>
> Linda Buzzell-Saltzman
> Member, Communications Team
> Permaculture Guild of Santa Barbara
> www.permacultureguildsb.org
> lbuzzell at aol.com (805) 563-2089
>
> "...the greatest change we need to make is from consumption to
> production, even if on a small scale, in our own gardens. If only
> 10% of us do this, there is enough for everyone. Hence the futility
> of revolutionaries who have no gardens, who depend on the very
> system they attack, and who produce words and bullets, not food and
> shelter."
> - Bill Mollison

Bob Banner
Publisher & Director

HopeDance
Celebrating Transition, Opportunity, Laughter, Happiness and Resilience
2322 Red Rose Way  •  Santa Barbara, CA 93109 • 1-805-762-4848
http://www.hopedance.org/
HopeDance at Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance
Follow us on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/yje5kct
Follow us at TWITTER: http://twitter.com/hopedance