[Ccpg] Biogas workshops

David david at h4c.org
Fri Sep 3 13:08:54 PDT 2010

Dear friends,

I am new to the list, and not sure as yet regarding the courtesies
specific hereto. Please excuse me, therefore, if I step on or over a
line somewhere. (Let me know if so.)

I am David House, author of The Complete Biogas Handbook (link below).
Biogas, a burnable gas generated biologically from materials that can
be composted, is among the least expensive alternative energies
available, and many studies show that it is far better than ethanol or
biodiesel at producing usable energy from a given unit of land. (Sorry
for the long link, but see
http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/rea/news/article/2010/03/why-is-biogas-renewable-energys-cinderella
for solid evidence that the assertion is true.)

I'm posting because I am interested in setting up Beginner's Biogas
workshops in different areas, to show people how to make and use
biogas. The hands-on focus is a new low-cost digester design. (These
two-day workshops are described at
http://completebiogas.com/workshops.html.)

The workshops would of course be responsive to the local situation,
but ordinarily everyone who attends will get a copy of the Handbook, a
CD with a lot of great information on it, and a ~200 gal (0.75 cu m)
biogas digester kit. The kit will become a full-fledged digester if it
is put in a greenhouse (for example) to keep it warm; and where it is
kept warm and well-fed, it offers the possibility of generating enough
biogas that all of one's cooking fuel can be provided every day.

At present, in setting up workshops in new areas, I prefer to work
with locals who have at least modest experience with organizing
events, but more importantly who have or know those who have local
connections that can be used to inform folks about the workshops.
That's the specific thing of value for which I'm looking.

I'm open to discussion about sharing revenue or offering a workshop
for an honorarium.

Are you interested in working together with me to set up a Beginner's
Biogas Workshop near you?

d.
--
David William House
"The Complete Biogas Handbook" |www.completebiogas.com|

"Make no search for water.       But find thirst,
And water from the very ground will burst."
(Rumi, a Persian mystic poet, quoted in /Delight of Hearts/, p. 77)

http://bahai.us/