[Ccpg] Thursday, September 23 6pm INGREDIENTS a new documentary from Robert Bates and Brian Kimmel/Santa Barbara

bob banner info at hopedance.org
Sat Sep 18 11:16:24 PDT 2010

please spread the flyer around your email contacts and maybe even
print and post.
gracias!

On Sep 18, 2010, at 11:09 AM, lakinroe at silcom.com wrote:

> HopeDance FiLMs
> presents
> INGREDIENTS
>  a new documentary from Robert Bates and Brian Kimmel
>
>  with wine, beer and foodie goodies, literature, conversation
>        and more...
>
> Invite your family, invite your friends...invite your farmer!
> Share in the local food experience!
> Renowned chefs Alice Waters, Peter Hoffman, and Greg Higgins feature
> in this celebration of the movement and the people who are driving it.
>
> Thursday, September 23
> 6pm - Local Food Reception (local beer, wine, veggies, beef jerky,
> and chocolates!)
> 7pm - Film & Discussion
>
> Suggested Donation: $10*
> Santa Barbara Central Library, Faulkner Gallery
>
> * Proceeds benefit SOL (Sustainable, Organic, Local) Food Festival
> on October 2nd, 2010.
>
> From the Ingredients website:
>
> Attention being paid to the local food movement comes at a time when
> the failings of our current industrialized food system are becoming
> all too clear: for the first time in history, our children’s
> generation is expected to have a shorter lifespan than our own.
>
> The quality, taste and nutritional value of the food we eat has
> dropped sharply over the last fifty years. Shipped from ever-greater
> distances, we have literally lost sight of where our food comes from
> and in the process we've lost a vital connection to our local
> community and to our health.
>
> A feature-length documentary, INGREDIENTS illustrates how people
> around the country are working to revitalize that connection.
> Narrated by Bebe Neuwirth, the film takes us across the U.S. from
> the diversified farms of the Hudson River and Willamette Valleys to
> the urban food deserts of Harlem and to the kitchens of celebrated
> chefs Alice Waters, Peter Hoffman and Greg Higgins. INGREDIENTS is a
> journey that reveals the people behind the movement to bring good
> food back to the table and health back to our communities.
> Telegraph Brewery
> DeyDey's Best Beef Ever
> Fairview Gardens
> Jessica Foster Confections
> Chocolate Maya
> IV Food Coop
> Oreana
> Local Harvest Delivery
> Huasna Valley Farms
> Edible SB
> Foodbank / Backyard Bounty
> LoaTree
> Weekend Hippie

Bob Banner
Publisher & Director

HopeDance
Celebrating Transition, Opportunity, Laughter, Happiness and Resilience
2322 Red Rose Way  •  Santa Barbara, CA 93109 • 1-805-762-4848
http://www.hopedance.org/
HopeDance at Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance
Follow us on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/yje5kct
Follow us at TWITTER: http://twitter.com/hopedance