[Ccpg] Permaculture: The Growing Edge NEW MOVIE Starhawk

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Fri Nov 5 07:53:36 PDT 2010

NEW  MOVIE STARHAWK
Permaculture: The Growing Edge

http://www.belili.org/permaculture/Permaculture_GrowingEdge.html

VIDEO CLIP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVtfYP3jCu4&feature=player_embedded

Permaculture: The Growing Edge is an antidote to environmental
despair, a hopeful and practical look at a path to a viable,
flourishing future. The film introduces us to inspiring examples of
projects, including a visit David Holmgren's own homestead, tracking
deer with naturalist Jon Young, sheet mulching an inner-city garden
with Hunters Point Family, transforming an intersection into a
gathering place with City Repair and joining mycologist Paul Stamets
as he cleans up an oil spill with mushrooms. We interview some of the
key figures in the Permaculture movement, including David Holmgren,
Penny Livingston-Stark, James Stark, Paul Stamets, Mark Lakeman, Dr.
Elaine Ingham, Maddy Harland, and others.

Permaculture is a sustainable system of earth care that offers
solutions to many of our grave environmental problems and a hopeful,
proactive vision of change. The Permaculture movement, started by
Australians Bill Mollison and David Holmgren in the nineteen
seventies, is now a worldwide network of skilled ecological
designers, teachers, food growers, natural builders, environmental
activists and visionaries. "Permaculture is the key to a post-carbon
future," says Maddy Harlan, editor of Permaculture Magazine.

We will be offering Permaculture: The Growing Edge on both DVD and as
a download starting on November 5th. More details will be posted here
as soon as we have them.

* Hold a HOUSE PARTY screening - you can now download a poster, a
recipe and a set of discussion questions. Take a look at the HOUSE
PARTIES page for all the information!

Visit our More on Permaculture page for Permaculture definitions,
principles and resources.

Why This Film?

Today, anyone who loves the earth knows that we face a huge crisis.
Climate change, oil spills, toxins and habitat destruction threaten
the viability of ecosystems around the world, and damage the
life-support systems that we all depend upon.

The reality is alarming and sometimes overwhelming. And yet-solutions
to our most grave problems do exist. While governments stall and
politicians prevaricate, ordinary people around the world are making
changes in their lives and trying out new ways of growing food,
providing for human needs, and building community.

Starhawk practices and teaches the system of ecological design called
permaculture. Together, Donna Read and Starhawk wanted to document
the positive steps people and taking and the solutions that do exist.
We believe that people can face huge changes and make enormous
efforts when we feel hopeful, that we are best motivated not by fear
and alarm but by vision and love. Permaculture: The Growing Edge is
our labor of love, exploring just a few examples of the immensely
creative and regenerative ideas that are inspiring people around the
globe.

Starhawk - an author of eleven books on feminist and earth-based
spirituality, an activist, permaculture designer and teacher, and
director
of Earth Activist Training. She and Donna co-created Belili
productions. See her website at:www.starhawk.org

Donna Read - a producer, director and film editor. She was a member
of the National Film Board of Canada's renowned women's studio,
Studio D, for many years where she directed the Goddess trilogy and
many other films before forming Belili productions.