[Ccpg] DEc 4 2pm Ojai Greening Our Valley- Meditation and Imagining with Walter and Susan Davis Moora

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Dec 1 08:33:52 PST 2010

Greening Our Valley- Meditation and Imagining
Meditation Mount
December 4, 2010 2:00pm-3:30pm
MEDITATION MOUNT PRESENTS

Meditation and Imagining Greening Our Valley

Walter and Susan Davis Moora are global nomads currently traveling
for a year to towns intending to go green, sharing stories of how
other towns are doing it. In particular, they'll share the story of
Vilcabamba, Ecuador. There, they started a "KINS Innovation Network"
pro-bono using some contributed U.S. funds to help this Andean
village become a model global village based on love, trust and
generosity.

Before telling their story, Walter and Susan will lead a meditation
on the Earth at Meditation Mount; residents of Ojai Valley are
invited to participate. Walter and Susan will invite us to co-create
a 'go green' vision by asking us to imagining the fulfillment of what
we have already undertaken to green Ojai Valley. From that spiritual
place, they'll ask us to share what role that we've played, doing
what we love to do and do well without pay.

Susan Davis Moora is the author of The Trojan Horse of Love, being
gifted on Google rather than sold. Her book describes her life
working with sustainability leaders to create KINS Innovation
Networks for greening our towns and economy
(http://www.capitalmissions.com/).

Walter Moora is the author of A Farmer's Love, describing his life as
a biodynamic farmer on four continents, teaching non-farmers how to
steward the earth and experience its spirituality.

Meditation Mount
10340 Reeves Rd.
Ojai, CA
805-646-5508
www.meditationmount.org

ABOUT CAPITAL MISSIONS COMPANY
http://www.capitalmissions.com/
Capital Missions Company (CMC) creates networks of investors,
business leaders and philanthropists to catalyze a globally
sustainable economy. Over the past 26 years, President Susan Davis,
has successfully proven KINS (Key Initiator Network Strategy), her
networking method, as a time-efficient and cost-efficient approach to
introduce innovation into culture. KINS networks leverage
philanthropic dollars into catalytic initiatives to solve social
problems and is based on the understanding that 'we are all one'.

Over the past 26 years Susan Davis, using the KINS method, has served
as a founding organizer for networks of sustainability leaders, solar
leaders, angel investors, institutional investors, Nigerian village
women, social venture capitalists, leading socially-responsible CEOs,
families with wealth of $100 million plus, leading women business
owners, leading finance executives, and Chicago women leaders.

As founding organizer, she suggested the network's mission, raised
the funds to organize the network, identified the constituencies to
be represented, researched to find the servant leaders to represent
each constituency, brought the servant leaders together to design the
network and then executed the design they created. After 1-3 years,
when each network was ready for self-administration, CMC spun off the
networks to be independent.

CMC recently spun off the Tipping Point Network. The Tipping Point
Network was intended to focus philanthropic funds to increase the
market share of sustainability from its current 2% to 10%, after
which the 'tipping point' is expected to occur and the global economy
is expected to fund sustainability. (See the TPN power point to the
left.) When servant leaders from 35 constituencies gathered heeding
this call, they decided to focus on powerful collaborations they
created across many spheres to create sustainability's tipping point.
In the first year, more than $3 million in grants and pledges was
committed to tipping point initiatives. TPN keeps a low profile to
avoid "institutional narcissism" and members have a particular
interest in "local living economies."

CMC shares the KINS innovation method "open source" on its website as
each network enhances the KINS design over the last one. The latest
enhancements have been created by the Tipping Point Network and are
summarized in the TPN powerpoint on this page.

Susan Davis is presently creating a KINS Innovation Network pro bono
in Vilcabamba, Ecuador, a model global eco-village. Eight village
leaders from different constituencies have launched a dozen projects
they are passionate about to serve Vilcabamba through a network named
"Ayni Mollepamba" (Reciprocity in Mollepamba), a neighborhood of
Vilcabamba. Working pro bono, they have received grants for their
out-of-pocket expenses from FlowFunding.org, Marion Weber's
innovative program in philanthropy. Through FlowFunds channeled
through this KINS Innovation Network, we are demonstrating how 100%
of philanthrophic funds from the developed world can get to the
ground in the developing world. In addition, GlobalGiving.com is a
third partner. Not only do FlowFunds come through them, but our
projects will soon be shown on the GlobalGiving.com website so that
anyone in the world can contribute to them using PayPal.

Susan Davis is now available for key consulting assignments offering
high leverage in transforming the global economy to sustainability.
Those interested are invited to contact us

Susan Davis: Accelerating growth in social investing
Hazel Henderson, president and founder of Ethical Markets Media,
nominates Susan Davis as a true female activist forging her way to a
new green economy.
Hazel Henderson | Jan/Feb 2009 issue

Susan Davis, president of Capital Missions Company in East Troy, Wisconsin.
Photo: Sandy Huffaker Jr.

Susan Davis, president of Capital Missions, has been working in the
trenches of our dysfunctional capital markets for decades. She helped
found the community bank ShoreBank; the Committee of 200, a group of
top women business owners she empowered to take charge of their
money; and Investors' Circle, a national network of social venture
capital investors. Susan founded most of the effective networks of
investors funding solar energy and shifting our global economy toward
sustainability. Susan is working closely with me to ?accelerate the
growth of the green economy. We've given up on Wall Street, so we're
helping launch a new electronic stock exchange exclusively devoted to
socially responsible investors and enterprises, Mission Markets. Like
most female leaders, Susan isn't ego-driven, nor does she seek
publicity or power. Only since the current financial crises are women
being called on for advice; Wall Street has always been a male
bastion and still deeply resists women. Susan has long believed the
most effective approach to deep social change is to fly under the
radar. So it gives me great pleasure to nominate her in the hope that
she gets some richly deserved credit at last.

.