[Ccpg] Drops in a Bucket Blog Brad Lancaster Jordan /U.S. State Department-sponsored adventures and gleanings in the Middle East Northern Jordan, April 2009

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue May 3 08:49:53 PDT 2011

Drops in a Bucket Blog

http://www.harvestingrainwater.com/drop-in-a-bucket-blog/

This blog is a celebration of wonderful little
efforts that lead to great things. In the
beginning those small efforts often seem like
little more than a drop in a bucket. However,
this is great if they're drops in the bucket of
abundance. With enough drops we'll fill the
bucket! A drop in a bucket is a problem only if
it's a drop in the wrong bucket - the bucket of
scarcity.
My hope is that this blog will help plant many
seeds to enhance good efforts already in the
works and to influence positive change on the
local level, simultaneously affecting the global.

September 6,
2010Water Wise Women of Jordan
by Brad Lancaster, www.HarvestingRainwater.com, © 2010
Jordan Valley, Jordan, 2009
One day my guides Mohammed Ayesh of NCARE and
Iqbal of JOHUD took me to an oasis.
The village we were in was strewn with garbage,
and the soil was bare and severely eroded. Houses
were made from concrete brick and whatever
materials could be scavenged. Then we [...]

Revolving Community Loans for "Water From Allah"
by Brad Lancaster, www.HarvestingRainwater.com, © 2010
Number 4 in a series of Drops in a Bucket blog
posts on Brad Lancaster's and David Eisenberg's
U.S. State Department-sponsored adventures and
gleanings in the Middle East
Northern Jordan, April 2009
Throughout northern Jordan we visited dynamic
villages that were enhancing their quality of
life by recycling water and money as [...]
  » Read more...
July 24, 2010

Palm Oasis and Red Bread at Al Absaa, Saudi Arabia
by Brad Lancaster, www.HarvestingRainwater.com, © 2010
Number 3 in a series of Drops in a Bucket blog
entries on Brad Lancaster's and David Eisenberg's
U.S. State Department-sponsored adventures and
gleanings in the Middle East
Al Absaa, Saudi Arabia, April 2009
At Al Absaa we toured irrigation projects within
the largest oasis in Saudi Arabia. Over one
million date [...]

Cisterns of Old Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
or If You Pray for Rain - Harvest It
By Brad Lancaster, www.HarvestingRainwater.com, ©2010
Number 2 in a series of Drops in a Bucket blog
entries on Brad Lancaster's and David Eisenberg's
U.S. State Department-sponsored adventures and
gleanings in the Middle East
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, April 2009
Most of the water people now drink in Saudi Arabia is [...]

MargieHarvesting Air-Conditioning Condensate in
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, and Beyond
or If You and Your Drink Sweat, Then Harvest Condensate
By Brad Lancaster, www.HarvestingRainwater.com, ©2010
I am finally getting to the sharing of my travel
gleanings. This is the first of a series to
follow - so keep checking back. This piece is
from my U.S. State Department-sponsored trip to
Jordan and Saudi Arabia in 2009. David [...]
.