[Ccpg] Wed June 29 7-8:30PM "The Cycle of Insanity: The Real Story of Water" Museum of Natural History

Margie Bushman, Coordinator, SBCC Center for Sustainability sbpcnet at silcom.com
Mon Jun 27 21:09:40 PDT 2011

Wed June 29 "The Cycle of Insanity: The Real Story of Water" Museum
of Natural History, 7-8:30PM

  Santa Barbara Green Living  Co-op Presents "The Cycle of Insanity:
The Real Story of Water" Wed June 29 at the Museum of Natural
History, 7-8:30PM  Doors Open at 6:30

The Santa Barbara Green Living Co-op will present a screening of "The
Cycle of Insanity: The Real Story of Water", followed by a discussion
about ideas and practical solutions to fix the water cycle in our
local area. The event takes place on Wednesday, June 29, 2011, from
7:00-8:30 PM at the Museum of Natural History, in the Auditorium,
2559 Puesta del Sol, Santa Barbara 93105.  Doors open at 6:30.

The Cycle of Insanity is a short, animated film made by a
collaboration of creative and dedicated volunteers at the Surfrider Foundation.
Several local Surfrider Foundation chapters combined their talents
and funds to create the film.

The premise of the film is that the water cycle we all learned about
in the 4th grade has been dramatically altered over time, leaving us
with a broken system that wastes water and energy, pollutes our
natural waterways, harms critical marine life, and poorly deals with
flooding and other water management problems.

The film serves to take a holistic look at water management,
highlight controversial problems, and suggest solutions that
integrate multiple economic and environmental benefits. After the
screening of the 20 minute film, Santa Barbara Green Living Co-op
will facilitate a discussion among audience members about ideas and
solutions that are already being implemented or could work in our
local area, to move us toward a healthier relationship with water.

Santa Barbara Green Living Co-op, a program of Watershed Management
Group, is based on the barn raising model, where people volunteer
their labor to build sustainable systems and then earn the ability to
host a workshop at their own homes with a volunteer crew.  The Co-op
provides certified workshop leaders to its members with expertise in
rainwater harvesting earthworks, cisterns, greywater systems, food
production, and waste management.

  The event is free and open to the public.  Donations are welcome.

for more information, contact Barbara Wishingrad at 805-403-4566 or
<mailto:bwishingrad at watershedmg.org>bwishingrad at watershedmg.org
http://watershedmg.org/co-op/santa-barbara

--
Barbara Wishingrad
Program Manager, Santa Barbara Green Living Co-op

Double your donation!  This summer, your contribution to support
WMG's innovative and effective programs will be matched
dollar-for-dollar by a generous
donor.
<http://www.watershedmg.org/contribute>http://www.watershedmg.org/contribute

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

PlPlease consider the environment before printing this email.