[Ccpg] Fwd: Want a Greywater Laundry system installed?--we are looking for workshop sites for our water harvesting certification course

Bob Banner bob.banner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 11:33:23 PDT 2011

Watershed Management Group will hold its first Water Harvesting
Certification course in Santa Barbara, from August 19-28.We are still
seeking locations for some of the course workshops.  Please read more
below.  Site visits need to be done this week and next so we need to
hear from you as soon as possible if you are interested.

The WMG Water Harvesting Certification provides a unique, hands-on
65-hour curriculum in water harvesting systems design and construction,
with an emphasis on retrofitting urban areas while working in concert
with the local environment. The course teaches design, implementation,
and installation of greywater systems, water harvesting earthworks, and
plastic and steel cisterns.

The WMG Water Harvesting Certification program provides the highest
quality and greatest depth of training in integrative water harvesting
offered in the nation. In the last two years, WMG has trained over 80
people through our Water Harvesting Certification from throughout the
U.S., Mexico, and Canada.

This Santa Barbara course will feature sessions taught by a variety of
experts including *Santa Barbara’s Art Ludwig and Tucson’s Brad Lancaster*.

We are seeking locations for our hands-on workshops, including
integrated design, earthworks, a steel culvert cistern installation,
plastic rain tank,  and laundry to landscape greywater system.  We would
like at least some of these sites to be in the public eye, so the
community as a whole can see that they can happen, that they can work,
and how they work.  We ask that sites used for our workshops be
available from time to time in the future for educational tours such as
the one we are having at the beginning of our course.  There are some
possible  costs involved in hosting a WHC workshop, including costs of
materials, contractors if needed, such as a plumber for a greywater
system, and labor fees, but we have found that installations done during
our courses typically run 30-50% less than comparable commercial work.

The first step to hosting a workshop is to schedule a site visit with
Barbara Wishingrad.  The next step would be a second visit confirming
your residence as a workshop site for the course.  This would be done
during the third week of July.  We are scheduling second visits this
week. The homeowner or property manager would need to be available
during these visits as well as the time of the workshop during the week
of August 19-28.  I can give you more details and answer any questions
in a follow up email or phone call or when we meet in person.

To learn more about the program, please visit our curriculum
<http://watershedmg.org/certification/curriculum> or program details
<http://watershedmg.org/certification/details> pages or contact Barbara
Wishingrad, Santa Barbara Green Living Co-op Program Manager at
bwishingrad at watershedmg.org <mailto:bwishingrad at watershedmg.org> or
805-403-4566.

--
Barbara Wishingrad
Program Manager, Santa Barbara Green Living Co-op

Double your donation!  This summer, *your contribution* to support WMG's
innovative and effective programs will be *matched dollar-for-dollar *by
a generous donor. http://www.watershedmg.org/contribute

--

_______________________________________

Bob Banner

/Publisher & Director/

HopeDance Online & FiLMs

/Celebrating Transition, Opportunity, Laughter, Resilience, and Happiness/

SLO, Ojai, Buellton, Santa Maria, Ventura, Lompoc, Santa Barbara, CA •
805-762-4848

http://www.hopedance.org <http://www.hopedance.org/>

HopeDance at Transition CA:
http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance

Follow us on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/yje5kct

Follow us at TWITTER: http://twitter.com/hopedance

TO SUBSCRIBE to any of our 25 listservs:
http://hopedance.org/component/content/article/1781

Evolver SLO:http://www.evolver.net/group/evolver_slo

Evolver Santa Barbara:http://www.evolver.net/group/evolver_santa_barbara

Laughter Yoga