[Ccpg] looking for workshop site for our water harvesting certification course...

Phyllis infodavies at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 14 13:27:22 PDT 2011

We live very near San Luis Obispo, Art and Brad,
so are not candidates for your Santa Barbara Workshop which you are
currently seeking sites to hold it.

However, I suspect there is a need for a workshop in the San Luis Obispo and
possibly somewhere on your planning calendar.

We have lived on this farm small for over 35 years. It is less than two
miles from SLO. We have three solar systems which have been operational for
6 or 7 years, two are roof top and one is a field installation.

Our daughter purchased the farm from us several years ago and lives here in
the main house. My husband assists our daughter, Dawna in the office. We
agreed last evening, and that I would write you. As this might be an ideal
and convenient workshop location for you to use for an eventual SLO class.
We have heard both of you talk here in San Luis Obispo and Brad at least a
couple of times at Bioneers. I talked to you Art at some length at Betty and
Tautahcho¹s Spirit Pine Ranch and I helped build the 11,000 tank and both of
us worked on the bath house.

Bill and I now live in what we speak of as the cottage. In the past, our
place was an intensive integrated farm. As we get older the garden gets
further and further ahead of us, tho we still raise much of our food. We
have a couple wells, one with a windmill. The wells are currently adequate,
however we know that will likely change as many new wells have been drilled
near us. Also, the neighbors in the last couple of years installed their
septic system within just a few feet of our main well. We have personally
planted all the trees on the land except for those that grow along Davenport
Creek which is one of our property boarders.

We have three major buildings, a barn/office, the cottage and the main
house, each possibly would be an interesting candidate site for a catchment
as well as grey water system. We are located on a nice slope that for the
most part allows for an easy gravity flow.

You are welcome to come look at the site any time. My cell is 440-9346,
often emailing is the best way to connect as my cell seems to delay
messages. We sometimes miss checking the house answer phone but will
eventually get a 549-9346 message.

Looking forward,
   Phyllis Davies