[Ccpg] Sept 24 Sat . 7:30pm Goleta /Village Alchemy Permaculture Strategies For Transforming the Urban Environment With Mark Lakeman and Marisha Auerbach

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Sep 6 08:54:27 PDT 2011

Village Alchemy
Permaculture Strategies For Transforming the Urban Environment
With Mark Lakeman and
Marisha Auerbach

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 24th 7:30 PM
Fairview Gardens 598 North Fairview Avenue, Goleta, CA

This presentation will provide a detailed "how to" overview of numerous
"repair" strategies local communities in the re-visioning and
re-creation of cities and neighborhoods.

Drawing from City Repair models such as "intersection repair" and "block
repair", we will learn numerous principals and strategies for building
local community networks, developing urban agriculture systems, and
numerous other concepts for grassroots-style, sustainable urban
transformation.
Please Note: This talk will be held outside and under the stars, so
please bring layers of warmth as it can get chilly into the night. We
will have some chairs but you are welcome to bring your own. Please park
in the Goleta Library and walk up as we have no parking on the premises.

Mark Lakeman is a founder and sustainer of numerous world-changing
initiatives and organizations, including The City Repair Project.
http://vbc.cityrepair.org/
Often featuring permaculture or natural building techniques,each local
initiative builds relational networks and engenders systemic
transformation while leaving gorgeous footprints on the path to a better
world.

Marisha Auerbach http://herbnwisdom.com/ has been actively practicing,
studying, and teaching Permaculture in the Pacific Northwest for over a
decade, specializing in food production, seed saving, ecology, and
useful plants. Her practical experience has been gained from living and
working in both urban and rural locations.

For more information, please contact Fairview Gardens at (805) 964-7424
or e-mail Sharon at FairviewGardens.org