[Ccpg] TUES JAN 27 7pm "American Meat" film featuring Joel Salatin, sustainable meat Center of the Heart

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Mon Jan 23 06:53:43 PST 2012

*AMERICAN MEAT
*

*a FiLM featuring Joel Salatin and other sustainable ag meat producers**
*

*Tuesday, Jan 24, 7pm at Center of the Heart in Santa Barbara.
487 N. Turnpike Road . Santa Barbara, CA 93111
*

*American Meat* is a *solutions-oriented* documentary surveying the
current state of the U.S. meat industry. Featuring, Joel Salatin, Chuck
Wirtz, Fred Kirschenmann Steve Ells, Paul Willis, and tens of farmers
across America, we take an even-handed look at animal husbandry.

We explain how America arrived at our current industrial system, and
show you the feedlots and confinement houses, not through hidden cameras
but through the eyes of the farmers who live and work there. From there,
we introduce the current revolution developing in animal husbandry, led
by the charismatic and passionate *Joel Salatin*.

We meet tens of farmers across the country who have changed their life
to start grass-based farms, and we highlight every day tangible
solutions that people can take, to change agriculture in America.

$10, $8 presale tickets at http://hopedance.org/purchase

(to end near Jan 23th or when the limited pre-sale tickets have been
reached...)

*Trailer*: http://hopedance.org/community-media/videos/1026

*Review*: http://hopedance.org/home/food-news/2438

*Facebook* events invite page :
http://www.facebook.com/events/147049475409022/

"*Panelists*" will include farmers Elizabeth Poett, John DeBruin and others.

Samples from DeyDey's Best Beef Ever <http://www.bestbeefever.com/> will
be at the event as well.