[Ccpg] Permaculture announcements for SLO County

T.Lees treelees at charter.net
Wed Feb 1 08:17:51 PST 2012

Dear Central Coast Permaculture Guild,

SLO Permaculture Guild Listserve ......please let folks know that they can join the email group by sending their email address to treelees at charter.net. This listserve is more localized to the SLO County than the Central Coast Permaculture Guild listserve (from Santa Barbara) is. Also there is a SLO Permaculture Guild facebook page to "like."

Permaculture Interest is Growing in SLO County
Delighted to say that many of us were in the same room last night Jan. 26 at Steynberg Gallery to listen to rants and antics of Larry Santoyo, Permaculture Designer. The place was packed full of vibrant permaculture folks and there is a growing enthusiasm and interest in permaculture everywhere you go these days. Larry used to live in SLO County and now lives in Los Angeles. He hosts many Permaculture Design Courses each year and mentioned that he'd like to give one up here at Four Elements Farm in Atascadero this summer. Stay posted for details. Also, on Jan. 23 the Poly Permaculture Club showed the movie Greenhorns about young farmers across America to a full room and had an excellent panel of young farmers locally from our area share their farming stories with the audience. They inspired and encouraged the audience to become sustainble food entrepreneurs and to eat locally grown food.

February Practical Permaculture Workshop - Worm Wranglers
Sunday, February 19th in Morro Bay, 1pm to 3pm at the Morro Bay Community Garden(flyer attached)
We are gathering all "wormies" to come together to share their expertise in vermicomposting and worm compost tea techniques. Some of these Worm Wranglers include Alice Hamrick of the Master Gardeners, Mark Sowell from Morro Bay, Martin Ochoa from Cambria. I think we are going to wrestle up a few more too?!!!

Permaculture Principles - January is Principle 1 Observe and Interact
These concepts are adapted from Permaculture Principles & Pathways Beyond Sustainability by permaculture co-originator David Holmgren. In observing nature it is important to take different perspectives to help understand what is going on with the various elements in the system. The proverb "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" reminds us that we place our own values on what we observe, yet in nature, there is no right or wrong, only different. Please open the attachment, Principle ,  for more information from David Holmgren's book.

Permaculture Help Wanted in Santa Paula:
Permaculture carpenter, handyman or handywoman needed to come live in wilderness near Santa Paula, CA.
It is remote and beautiful, more than 2 miles on dirtroad with 3 creekcrossings to get there, so need a high car. 4 people in 4 buildings already live there.A trailer and part cabin are for rent. Fruit trees and grapevines and garden space already there.
Creek with swimming hole, black bears and a cougar are there too.
Anyone interested write Apple.acupuncture at yahoo.com

Teresa "Tree" Lees
treelees at charter.net
Live Simply, Love Generously,