[Ccpg] free CRFG mtg Sat Apr 28 "Growing Waterwise, Waterthrifty fruit trees"

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Apr 24 19:22:08 PDT 2012

APRIL MEETING OF CALIF RARE FRUIT GROWERS

Channel Islands Chapter

WHEN: *Saturday, April 28th from 10:00-Noon followed by a potluck lunch*

WHERE: *Larry & Linda’s 1/3 acre backyard permaculture food forest
*(call Larry at 451-4168 for address and directions)

WHAT: *GROWING WATER-WISE & WATER-THRIFTY FRUIT TREES. *The meeting will
include a tour of Linda & Larry’s “food forest” which has over 105 fruit
and nut trees at various stages of maturity, as well as 70 heritage
roses and other edibles. We will cover how to select, plant and maintain
fruit trees to use minimum water and cut your water bills. We will talk
about some of the tricks water-wise fruit gardeners are using: mulching,
basin planting, earthworks, spring watering strategies, the new local
rules on installing greywater systems and why you may not need drip
irrigation.

*As space is limited please RSVP to: Larry Saltzman at
lbsaltzman at aol.com or (805) 451-4168*