[Ccpg] Shannon Biggs from Global Exchange to speak in SLO about Corporate Personhood and more...

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Fri May 11 06:37:01 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, May 16 at the Ludwig center Shannon Biggs from Global
Exchange will be laying out the plans on how to approach the issue a
little differently from anything done in the past.  She is a seasoned
veteran and has many successes to her credit. I invite you to attend and
be prepared to learn a new way of doing things. This is grassroots
stuff.  Here is the press release with all the information. Invite your
friends.  Thank you again for your interest. The event is free and
donations are welcomed. Jeanne

*San Luis Obispo County Transition Towns*
* **http://slotransitiontowns.org/*
<http://dmanalytics1.com/e3ds/mail_link.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fslotransitiontowns.org%2F&i=0&d=74622X25-WXYX-4V04-Y099-85YWY44W1ZZW&e=lakinroe@silcom.com>

*NEWS RELEASE *
Contact:  June Cochran
gradofcal at yahoo.com <mailto:gradofcal at yahoo.com>
(805) 773-2847

<http://dmanalytics1.com/e3ds/mail_link.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fhopedance.org%2Findex.php%2Fevents%2Ficalrepeat.detail%2F2012%2F05%2F16%2F49&i=1&d=74622X25-WXYX-4V04-Y099-85YWY44W1ZZW&e=lakinroe@silcom.com>
<http://dmanalytics1.com/e3ds/mail_link.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fhopedance.org%2Findex.php%2Fevents%2Ficalrepeat.detail%2F2012%2F05%2F16%2F49&i=1&d=74622X25-WXYX-4V04-Y099-85YWY44W1ZZW&e=lakinroe@silcom.com>

San Luis Obispo -- Author and community activist, Shannon Biggs, will
come to San Luis Obispo on May 16, 2012 to speak about "Who Decides What
Happens in Our Communities -- Corporations or Local Residents?"  The
event will take place at the Ludwick Center, 864 Santa Rosa Street
<http://dmanalytics1.com/e3ds/mail_link.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fg.co%2Fmaps%2Fz8m7f&i=2&d=74622X25-WXYX-4V04-Y099-85YWY44W1ZZW&e=lakinroe@silcom.com>,
San Luis Obispo at 7:00 p.m. map
<http://dmanalytics1.com/e3ds/mail_link.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fg.co%2Fmaps%2Fz8m7f&i=2&d=74622X25-WXYX-4V04-Y099-85YWY44W1ZZW&e=lakinroe@silcom.com>

Topics to be covered include:

    * Do our local communities have the right to self-determine
      stewardship of the lands where we live?
    * Does Nature have a Right to simply exist, persist, maintain and
      regenerate?
    * What is Corporate Personhood? And what Rights does our community
      have to abate and mitigate their impacts where we live?

<http://dmanalytics1.com/e3ds/mail_link.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftherightsofnature.org%2F&i=3&d=74622X25-WXYX-4V04-Y099-85YWY44W1ZZW&e=lakinroe@silcom.com>
Shannon Biggs, co-author of the book, The Rights Of Nature, and Director
of the Community Rights Organizing Program at Global Exchange and Kylie
Nealis, Community Rights Program Associate at Global Exchange, will lead
San Luis Obispo County residents through an evening of information,
discussion and a call for action.

Learn how Las Vegas, NM, passed the first community bill of rights in
the Southwest recently.  The City of Las Vegas adopted a rights based
ordinance establishing a local Bill of Rights and banning fracking and
related activities.

Should a river have the right to flow? Should trees have the right to
grow? What does it mean to give rights to nature and how different would
our world look if we did? Everyone is invited to attend this special
interactive presentation on nature's rights where the leaders will
explore these questions and the emerging global movement for Mother
Earth's rights.

Sponsored by San Luis Obispo County Transition Towns, Empower Poly, and
People of Faith for Justice (formerly CCCLJ).

Jeanne Blackwell
jeanne at holeinthefence.net <mailto:jeanne at holeinthefence.net>

_____________________________
Bob Banner, Publisher & Director
HopeDance Online & FiLMs (P.O. Box 1741, Lompoc, CA 93438)
/Celebrating Transition, Opportunity, Resilience, and Genuine Happiness/
San Luis Obispo, Ojai, Santa Maria, Petaluma, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz,
CA  805-762-4848
http://www.hopedance.org
<http://dmanalytics1.com/e3ds/mail_link.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hopedance.org%2F&i=4&d=74622X25-WXYX-4V04-Y099-85YWY44W1ZZW&e=lakinroe@silcom.com>
Follow us on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/3vbzcv3