[Ccpg] Sat June 23 6pm 2012 Woody Tasch 7th Annual Taste of the Future Fundraiser/June 24 Vintage Organics in Los Osos

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Sat Jun 16 09:20:12 PDT 2012

A Taste of the Future
2012 Annual Fundraiser

Saturday, June 23, 2012

An Evening at Hearst Ranch
with
Woody Tasch

Celebrate our local food and farmers as we welcome guest speaker,
http://www.sarc.calpoly.edu/index.htm

Founder and Chairman of Slow Money
& author of
Inquiries into the Nature of Slow Money: Investing as if
Food, Farms and Fertility Mattered

as he shares his unique perspectives on how rethinking our investment
strategies could save our soil and re-energize the food / agricultural
economy.

This is an opportunity to taste the unique creations of leading Central
Coast chefs in some of our most spectacular farm settings -- the Hearst
Ranch in San Simeon, a private, historic venue rarely available to the
general public - all the while supporting Cal Poly's College of
Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences' Center for Sustainability.
Tax-deductible fundraiser dinner tickets are $125 per person. Seating is
limited.

Fundraiser Dinner
prepared under the direction of the

Woody Tasch
Woody Tasch is Founder and Chairman of Slow Money, a 501(c)3 non-profit
formed in 2008 to catalyze the flow of investment capital to small food
enterprises and to promote new principles of fiduciary responsibility to
support sustainable agriculture and the emergence of a restorative
economy. Tasch is Chairman Emeritus of Investors' Circle, a nonprofit
network of investors that has facilitated the flow of $150 million to
230 sustainability-minded, early stage companies and venture funds. For
most of the 1990's, Woody was Treasurer of the Jessie Smith Noyes
Foundation, where he pioneered mission related investing. He is an
experienced venture-capital investor and entrepreneur, he has served on
numerous for-profit and non-profit boards, and was founding chairman of
the Community Development Venture Capital Alliance, which supports
venture investing in economically disadvantaged regions. In 2010, Utne
Reader named Woody one of "25 Visionaries Who Are Changing Your World."
Woody's book "Inquiries into the Nature of Slow Money" is published by
Chelsea Green and now available in paperback.

To reserve seats for the dinner
please download a
TICKET REQUEST FORM
or contact
the CAFES Center for Sustainability
Phone: 805-756-5086
Email: cfs at calpoly.edu

June 24, 2012
Meet the author, Woody Tasch, at a Pre Pallet to Palate / Slow Sunday
Morning with Slow Food and Slow Money in the barn at Vintage Organics in
Los Osos. Join us for an opportunity to hear Mr. Tasch talk about his
book, Inquiries into the Nature of Slow Money: Investing as if Food,
Farms and Fertility Mattered. In 2010, Utne Reader named Woody one of
"25 Visionaries Who Are Changing Your World."

SLOW SUNDAY MORNING
WITH SLOW FOOD
& SLOW MONEY
http://sites.google.com/site/pallettopalate/
Sunday, June 24
11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

Vintage Organics
6015 Los Osos Valley Road
San Luis Obispo

Come and enjoy local amuse-bouces and wine at a pre Pallet to Palate event.

While there, meet Woody Tasch, the author of
Inquiries into Nature of Slow Money: Investing as if Food, Farms and
Fertility Mattered and the president and founder of Slow Money, a
non-profit organization formed to catalyze the flow of investment
capital to small food enterprises and to support sustainable
agriculture. In 2010, Utne Reader named Woody one of the "25 Visionaries
Who Are Changing Your World."

For more information on this event, please contact us at 805-756-5086 or
via e-mail at cfs at calpoly.edu

This event is followed by:

BOUNTY IN THE BARN
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Turri Ranch
3730 Turri Ranch Road,
San Luis Obispo

http://sites.google.com/site/pallettopalate

For details, visit the Slow Sunday Morning page

For more information on the Pallate to Palete "Bounty in the Barn" event
on June 24, click here