[Ccpg] Sat Sept 28 10-6pm Santa Barbara-4th Annual SOL Food Festival - Food for the mind and belly

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Fri Sep 27 06:44:07 PDT 2013

SOL Food: Schedules, Maps, Exhibitors and more.
View this email in your browser

You want to change the world?  Change what is on your plate.

This week is ALL about your food choices, the ramifications of those choices on your body, on your community, on the environment. If you've kept tabs on the LOA world, you'll know that we are deep into the food and farming world right now. With decades of experience in 'better world' movement building, we can tell you that the food on your plate represents one of the most powerful opportunities to make all of our lives better.

The best part about conscious food consumption is that it inevitably leads to tasty and healthy choices at breakfast, lunch and dinner. We are entering into a special era where everyone is demanding better tasting food, more just food, healthier food, and more sustainable food.

To that end, we are throwing a party this Saturday to celebrate just this. The 4th Annual SOL Food Festival is ON!  See you there?

-Dave

SOL Food Festival: Workshops, Lectures and Demonstrations

The SOL Food Festival Map

The SOL Food Festival - Menu

(Keep in mind, this does not include almost 20 artisan food makers providing samples.  See that list here.)

We Need Volunteers @ SOL Food!

Starting Friday afternoon, 9/27, and all day Saturday, 9/28, we'll be needing a bunch of extra hands. Think you can sign up for one shift?

Friday help includes laying out the infrastructure at Plaza Vera Cruz Park, including on-site mapping, light build-out and more. Show up anytime after 2pm and we'll put ya to work!

On Saturday, starting at 6am, we'll need assistance with vendor load-in, parking, exhibitor set up, crowd counts, waste management, food/ice and much more. If you can lend a few hours, please sign up for a shift here. You can also email our volunteer coordinator, Persepsion, with any questions or inquiries.

 SOL Food + Klean Kanteen = Cheaper beer and less plastic.

We've teamed up with Klean Kanteen to offer a collectors edition SOL Food reusable cup.  After your initial purchase of the cup, all beers are $5 (versus $6 if you are using a disposable cup).

By the way, the beer and wine garden is open for business at 11am!
What's new at SOL Food this year?

We are taking over the French Press Parking lot and filling it with our Global SOL Exhibitors and Cooking with SOL Stage.
We are teaming up with eco-education stars Sprout Up for a range of kid centric activities on the Haley side of Plaza Vera Cruz Park.
This year you can simply pay with cash at any one of our great food vendors.
The weather is going to be INCREDIBLE. Bring a hat. We'll provide lots of water and shade.
We have nearly 20 Food Artisans this year who will be sampling their goodies. See all of our exhibitors here.
Bon appetit!

Eric, Dave, Cris, Alina, Aaron, Alice, and the entire Loa team.
Copyright © 2013 LoaTree, All rights reserved.
You opted-in to this email list through our website or a live event.

Our mailing address is:
LoaTree
PO Box 4386
Santa Barbara, CA 93140

Add us to your address book

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences