[Ccpg] TONIGHT FILM OCT 25 7pm FALL and Winter A Survival Guide for 21 st Century -Center for the Heart Santa Barbara

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Fri Oct 25 03:49:08 PDT 2013

TONIGHT FILM OCT 25 7pm FALL and Winter A Survival Guide for 21 st Century -
 Center for the Heart 487 N Turnpike Road Santa Barbara  CA 93109
With my very dear friend Ianto Evans of Cob Cottage see his picture on the film poster below
http://www.hopedance.org/events/icalrepeat.detail/2013/10/25/439

FALL AND WINTER is an epic and spectacularly photographed journey across the U.S. in search of what is causing our unfolding global crisis. Pollution, droughts and diminishing resources now threaten the very engine driving these catastrophes: civilization itself. Massive dislocations are manifesting in our lifetime, and our world will never be the same.

This is not a story of despair but rather a rallying effort to find our way back towards harmony with nature. FALL AND WINTER uncovers ingenious new strategies for the future while drawing on past wisdom; it is a survival guide for the 21st century.

Facebook Events Page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1384966608407188

Synopsis #1
FALL AND WINTER is an epic and spectacularly photographed journey across the U.S. in search of what is causing our unfolding global crisis.  Pollution, droughts and diminishing resources now threaten the very engine driving these catastrophes: civilization itself. Massive dislocations are manifesting in our lifetime, and our world will never be the same.
This is not a story of despair but rather a rallying effort to find our way back towards harmony with nature. FALL AND WINTER uncovers ingenious new strategies for the future while drawing on past wisdom; it is a survival guide for the 21st century.

Synopsis #2
This stunning film takes you on a Koyaanisqatsi-style journey, reaching to the past to understand the origins of the catastrophic environmental transitions we now face. Over two years, director Matt Anderson travelled 16,000 miles to document firsthand the environmental destruction and urban wastelands across America. Some of today’s most progressive thinkers, from anthropologists and bio-architects to psychologists and journalists, collectively recreate a story of humanity and the history of Earth, presenting a desperately needed survival guide to make the transition in the coming ecological and psychological crisis.  -Hotdocs

Featuring
Grace Lee Boggs
Bruce Damer
Chellis Glendinning