[Central Coast CA Permaculture] volunteers needed this week harvesting persimmons on Permaculture Farm near to Carpinteria, CA

Warren Brush w at quailsprings.org
Mon Dec 2 17:26:33 PST 2013

Hello Friends in the Permaculture Movement and of Quail Springs Permaculture and Casitas Valley Farm (a Regenerative Earth Enterprise),

As many of you may know that as co-founders of Quail Springs Permaculture and Wilderness Youth Project, my wife Cyndi and I started with our family and a few friends a farm near to Carpinteria that is based on permaculture design, family values, and economic return.  Casitas Valley Farm, a Regenerative Earth Enterprise, is a for-profit family farm that is dedicated to bringing ecological and community benefit and doing it in a way that is economically viable.  We are located just over six miles from Carpinteria, California on Highway 150 between Santa Barbara and Ventura near to the coast on the way to Casitas Lake and the Ojai Valley.

Volunteers Needed This Week:
Our hundreds of fuyu persimmon trees have lost their leaves and the fruit is hanging there like beautiful sweet jewels waiting for the harvest.   We will begin harvesting this coming week and need volunteers to help with the picking.  From this Wednesday to Sunday, December 4th-8th, from 10am-4pm each day.  You can join us for all or part of each day or for every day if you like and you can take home persimmons as a thank you gift to feed and enjoy with your friends and family.  At the end of each day, we will offer a tour of the farm to those who helped pick so you can see what we are doing to create this financially viable permaculture endeavor.  We have integrated systems with pigs, a fully licensed organic cow's milk cheese creamery, avocados, apples, walnuts, berries, initial testing of broad scale understory orchard plantings, family garden, a future market garden site, a wedding site, and a thriving roadside farm stand.

Please RSVP by replying to this email (warrenbrush at mac.com) and let me know right away if you can participate and when you can come during those times.  Also, if you have other kindred people you know who might be interested please forward this request to them or check in with them directly.  For some of you, this may also qualify for community service hours as we are a farm dedicated to community and ecological benefit.

What you will need:
a bag to take home some persimmons
a lunch (everyday we will also have snacks from the land and organic cheese from creamery for everyone to try)
drinking water
hand clippers if you have them

When we get your RSVP, I will send further instructions including directions and gate codes for you.

I thank you all and send you heaps of blessings,

Warren

Warren Brush
Co-Founder
Quail Springs Permaculture
Sustainable Vocations
True Nature Design
Regenerative Earth Farms
Casitas Valley Creamery

4620 Casitas Pass Road
Ventura, CA  93001
805-649-8179

www.quailsprings.org
www.sustainablevocations.org
www.permaculturedesign.us
www.regenerativeearth.com
www.casitasvalleycreamery.com

Upcoming Programs:

Permaculture Teaching Training
Open to Locals and Internationals
Nairobi, Kenya
at Permaculture Research Institute- Kenya
January 2014
Link to Website

Introduction to Permaculture
At Casitas Valley Family Farm