[Central Coast CA Permaculture] Quail Springs Calendar 2014

Quail Springs Permaculture info at quailsprings.org
Wed Feb 19 13:23:21 PST 2014

QUAIL SPRINGS PERMACULTURE CALENDAR 2014

We're excited to share some great workshops and events with you this spring and summer in the Quail Springs Calendar!  Our fall calendar is still coming together, yet we've a few "Save the Dates" to mention here and will update you as details come in.

Read on to see "What's On the Menu" for 2014!

Or visit http://www.quailsprings.org/calendar/

************

Wilderness Survival Skills & Permaculture Weekend
with Charlie Coupal, Wilderness Skills Instructor
April 4-6, 20 14

Hosted by Quail Springs.  Registration through UCSB Leisure Review - Adventure Trips.  Open to the community, you don't have to be a student with UCSB to participate.

Deep in the high mountain desert of Cuyama, spend a fun-filled weekend giving and receiving on the edge where the Wilderness meets the Farm.  Dive into wilderness survival skills like shelter making, primitive fire techniques, water and wild food harvesting. Prepare to get your hands dirty with a permaculture and sustainable living project on the farm. Round out the day eating great food, sitting by a fire, storytelling, music making and star gazing. Wilderness Skills & Permaculture event info online.

************

Quail Springs Farm Benefit & Tour

Saturday, April 12th, 10am-3pm
Farm Tour & Lunch
all ages welcome!

Visit Quail Springs Permaculture Farm, have a delicious lunch prepared in our earthen ovens, and learn about growing food in the high desert, tending a variety of wonderful food-giving animals, creating shelter, and stewarding agricultural lands and wilderness.

Saturday, April 12th, 10am through Sunday, April 13th, 11am
Farm Tour, Lunch & Dinner, Overnight Campout, Breakfast, Hands-On Breakouts
families and all ages welcome!

Come out for the farm tour and stay on for dinner, and overnight campout. There will be fireside stories in the evening, camping under the high desert stars that night, a yummy breakfast Sunday morning, and optional early morning hands-on sessions in butchering, or milking goats before an 11am departure. For more info, please visit Quail Springs Farm Benefit and Tour info online, or email lindsay at quailsprings.org or call 805-886-7239.

************

Introduction to Natural Building with Sasha Rabin

April 25 - May 1, 2014

In this six day cob workshop, we focus on the characteristics of the natural materials most commonly used in construction:  clay soil, sand, and fibers.  Our main focus will be cob, though we will touch on various other building techniques that utilize the same materials, including adobe block, light straw-clay, wattle and daub, and plasters.

For more info and to register, please visit Intro to Natural Building event online, or email sasha at quailsprings.org or call 805-886-7239.

************

Permaculture Design Course for International Development and Social Entrepreneurship
with Warren Brush, Co-founder Quail Springs and Casitas Valley Farm, and Joseph Lentunyoi of the Maasai people and Permaculture Research Institute of Kenya

June 21 - July 5, 2014
early bird registration date, April 15

Permaculture is an integrated design system that provides a framework for consciously designed landscapes that provide diversity, stability, and resilience for individuals and communities.  Permaculture is in 160 countries with thousands of grassroots projects on-the-ground. This 14-day course includes the 72-hr Permaculture Certification through Permaculture Research Institute... and much more.

This course will assist you and your organization with integrating into your projects: Increased Food Security  Community-Based Development Waste Cycling Sustainability Education Clean Water and Drought Proofing Health and Nutrition Sustainable Vocations & Enterprise.

For more info and to register, please visit PDC for International Development and Social Entrepreneurship info online or email Kolmi Majumdar at info at quailsprings.org.

************

Quail Springs Summer Farm Benefit & Tour
July 26 & 27, 2014
Please see Spring event above for types of activities to expect.
Save the Dates, Details TBA

************

Introduction to Permaculture
With Brenton Kelly and Lindsay Allen, Quail Springs Land Stewards
September 26-28, 2014
Save the Date, Details TBA

************

Land Restoration Training
With Craig Sponholtz, Watershed Artisans (formerly Dryland Solutions)
and Brenton Kelly, Quail Springs Permaculture
October 2-5, 2014
Save the Dates, Details TBA

************

Quail Springs Permaculture Design Course
with Warren Brush, Co-founder Quail Springs and Casitas Valley Farm, and team of Quail Springs' instructors and special guests

October 25 - November 8, 2014
early bird registration August 20

Immerse yourself in permaculture in action with this 14-day learning journey! Share in the joy of community learning together and changing the world. Take home the ability to design and apply natural principles to create stable and resilient systems that provide food, water, shelter and energy needs while regenerating ecology, community and economy. This 14-day course includes the 72-hr Permaculture Certification through Permaculture Research Institute... and much more.

For more info and to register, please visit Quail Springs Permaculture Design Course info online or email Kolmi Majumdar at info at quailsprings.org.

************

CO-SPONSORED EVENTS CALENDAR

Quail Springs Permaculture is a proud co-sponsor of these events and workshops hosted by associates with aligned visions. Many hands and hearts make light and joyful work!  Please visit our Co-sponsored Events Calendar online for more info.

Permaculture for Sustainable Development Weekend
With Warren Brush
February 28 - March 2, 2014
Hosted by the MA Center /GreenFriends Farm, Castro Valley, CA
PDC for Sustainable Development with Warren Brush Weekend info online

Introduction to Permaculture Weekend
With Warren Brush
March 29-20, 2014
Hosted by Casitas Valley Farm, Carpinteria, CA
Intro to Permaculture with Warren Brush info online

Backyard Chickens
With Brenton Kelly & Jan Smith
Sunday, May 18, 2014, 9am-1pm
Hosted by Fairview Gardens, Sub-Urban Homesteading Series, Goleta, CA
Backyard Chickens workshop info online

Wood-Fired Cob Oven Building Workshop
With Paul Swenson
May 24-25, 2014.  Saturday & Sunday, 9am - 5pm
Hosted by Fairview Gardens, Sub-Urban Homesteading Series, Goleta, CA
Cob Oven Building workshop info online

Testimony

"Here's to one of the most memorable experiences of my life! Everyone at Quail Springs were some of the kindest, hard working and down to earth people I've ever had the chance to get to know!"

- Kirsten, Student, VISION 2014

Quail Springs Permaculture
www.quailsprings.org