[Central Coast CA Permaculture] [HDFiLMsUpdate] FiLMs FOR THIS WEEK: LAST CALL... and WATER: THE GREAT MYSTERY (with discussions)

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Mon Feb 24 05:54:14 PST 2014

THIS WEEK

Wednesday, February 26, 7pm
FiLM: THE LAST CALL AT THE OASIS
SLO Library, Palm and Osos, San Luis Obispo
Suggested donation of $10
No one will be turned away for lack of funds.

DETAILS, Trailer, map, summary :
http://www.hopedance.org/events/icalrepeat.detail/2014/02/26/528
Facebook Invite Page
https://www.facebook.com/events/283325435153548

Firmly establishing the urgency of the global water crisis as the central issue facing our world this century, this documentary illuminates the vital role water plays in our lives, exposes the defects in the current system and shows communities already struggling with its ill-effects. Featuring activist Erin Brockovich, respected water experts including Peter Gleick, Jay Famiglietti and Robert Glennon and social entrepreneurs championing revolutionary solutions, the film posits that we can manage this problem if we are willing to act now.

Thursday, February 27, 7pm
FiLM: THE LAST CALL AT THE OASIS
Unity Santa Maria, Orcutt/Santa Maria

DETAILS, Trailer, map, summary :
http://www.hopedance.org/events/icalrepeat.detail/2014/02/27/541

Facebook Invite Page
https://www.facebook.com/events/469141666524613

Firmly establishing the urgency of the global water crisis as the central issue facing our world this century, this documentary illuminates the vital role water plays in our lives, exposes the defects in the current system and shows communities already struggling with its ill-effects. Featuring activist Erin Brockovich, respected water experts including Peter Gleick, Jay Famiglietti and Robert Glennon and social entrepreneurs championing revolutionary solutions, the film posits that we can manage this problem if we are willing to act now.

Friday, February 28, 7pm
FiLM: WATER: THE GREAT MYSTERY
Green Lotus Center, 550 Morro Bay Blvd, Morro Bay
Laughter session at 5-6pm, film starts at 7pm
FiLM: Suggested donation: $10

Details, map, trailer, etc:
http://www.hopedance.org/events/icalrepeat.detail/2014/02/28/531
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/557305641031467/

Laughter session before the film, 5:00-6:00pm (donation); FiLM starts at 7pm.

WATER - The most common substance on earth. It is with us every moment of everyday, but do we know the secrets of this amazing element? From agriculture, to factories and hydropower, we put water to work in a million different ways, and yet water acts outside all known physical laws of nature. At a time of global climate change, understanding the mysteries of water is critical. Every living thing needs it to survive. Our ignorance of its function and capacities has led us to abuse its quality and forget its potential.
    Three million copies of this video were sold in Russia, but only 5,000 in the U.S. What do they know that we don’t? It’s that “water isn’t just water” and it can be modified to perform specific functions (Functional Water).Witness recent, breathtaking discoveries by researchers worldwide from Russia, Kazakhstan, Switzerland, Israel, the USA, Britain, Austria, Japan, Argentina, China and Tibet.
________________________

Cosponsors for all the WATERFiLMs include:

Gaia University:
http://gaiauniversity.org

Sukha Wellness Center:
http://sukhawellnesscenter.com/

Greenspace-the Cambria Land Trust
http://greenspacecambria.org

SLO Clean Water Action
http://slocleanwateraction.org/tag/fracking/

SLO Permaculture Guild
http://slopermaculture.weebly.com/

Central Coast Bioneers
http://www.ecologistics.org/centralcoastbioneers/

Paso Food Co-op
http://pasofoodcooperative.com/

Clean Ocean Competition
www.cleanoceanscompetition.org

Informed people about water issues, challenges, solutions, etc. will be participating in a discussion and Q&A after each WATER film screening...

To learn more about how to become a NOmoney cosponsor:
Click HERE

More Top Articles
an excerpt from WINDFALL: The Booming Business of Global Warming
2 new articles about WATER Management
California’s Drought — Who’s Really Using all the Water?
An Angel’s Abattoir
FiLMs in February, 2014
"You will be called on to expand. And this is why we practice."
Santa Barbara County Joins State in Proclaiming a Local Drought Emergency
Resources for WATER: Conservation, Solutions and others...
Beyond Growth or Beyond Capitalism?
Farmers Abandoning GMO Seeds And The Reason Will Surprise You

Bob Banner, Publisher and Director
HopeDance Online & FiLMs (3960 s. higuera st. #101, SLO, CA 93401)
Celebrating Transition, Opportunity, Resilience and Deep Happiness
in San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties
805.762.4848 • info at hopedance.orghttp://www.hopedance.org/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hopedance
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hopedance